STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 25 First ... 81617181920 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    thanks Erin it is working now.. but only for PFRPG :/
    Is it supposed to work for anything but PF? I haven't read the first post, but I suspect it was written to only be used with PF...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    thanks Erin it is working now.. but only for PFRPG :/
    It is a CreatureGen Import for Pathfinder....

It would be awesome if it also worked for 3.5E..

Tash, you may find that this won’t be the last time you say that about something. It might be worth considering moving to Pathfinder. When I am at my computer I will try to find a link describing the minor differences.
    Last edited by Bidmaron; February 4th, 2018 at 18:10.

You're free to modify the script to work for 3.5 Tash. I won't as I don't actively use 3.5 nor do I have the familiarity or willingness to cover the special cases for it.

You'll first need to change the extension.xml to the 3.5 ruelset as it currently only registers for PF. Next you'll have to go through each of the parse functions to make the necessary adjustments. They should be minor given how the PF ruleset is pretty much a minor layer over the 3.5. It does require a little bit of monkey wrenching on your part. The workshop stickies should have information of how to edit extensions and such if you're willing to do this for yourself.

Blog Entries
    As Ken L has posted the code in GitHub and given you the ok you can go Fork the code and massage it into a 3.5E friendly version...
    https://github.com/FGKenL/CreatureGen
    Do check in the repository in case Ken L has written any specific restrictions/requirements and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Tash, you may find that this won’t be the last time you say that about something. It might be worth considering moving to Pathfinder. When I am at my computer I will try to find a link describing the minor differences.
    I'm with Bid on this, I stayed with 3.5 until last year, and worked my last Campaign with FG for 3.5 but then I switched to PF last year, and I think the system is great, I have never looked back and haven't opened a 3.5 book in over a year. My wife still won't let me sell them however

I have a butt-ton of 3.5 material, and I still use a lot of it. I am slowly buying the digital 3.5 library from DTRPG since it is so compatible (buy one book a month). I have the hard copies of everything, but it is such a pain to try to scan and OCR.

Thanks Ken L and damned but I have no idea how to convert the file to work in 3.5E since I don't have the skills. And you are probably right I just need to convince my party to change to Pathfinder or 5E. I appreciate the extensions you guys have made especially the Universal Module it's a life saver.

Thread Information