FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 16 of 25 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Oh, and welcome to he forums Gorgon

Thanks for the suggestion! Before I posted I did disable everything. I have also created a new campaign where I only loaded this extension and got the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by g0rg0n View Post
    I get a lua error immediately after installing it and before i import any stat blocks if i go into the NPCs window and click "by Type"

Script Error: [string "scripts/data_library_35e.lua"] 48: attempt to index a nil value
    That's not even related to CGen as it's not a script I control. It does seem related the The button however as I use Moon's library add button to hook into the NPC list which does some library manipulations. I however do not see this error at the current FG version, or prior ones.

It seems I am not getting the correct spell DC set for saves when importing.

I was not checking these for a project i am working on.

Example Stat block
    https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...hion,-draconal

Am I missing something here.
    It seems to parse the spell (DC 20) to the modifier box in the save field but it does not change it to fixed.

Or see attachment
    Madman..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by madman; December 3rd, 2017 at 02:32.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

SLAs will be wrong due to the grouping of spells into level 'groups'. the Spell DCs may not be accurate at times as it relies on the 3.5/PF spell parser to process the spell text, I noted this when I added the spell parser to process the spells.

Thanks

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

To understand what's happening, it's mostly due to the context of the spell wording. I've written a small natural language processor before, and I'm not going to do this in LUA for FG so I leave it to the built in spell parser than gleans surface information. The (DC 20) that is listed form the spell name is irrelevant to the actual calculated DC as it simply extracts the spell name and leaves outliers such as that out. Else it would be searching for a spell named "Circle of Death (DC 25)" as opposed to "Circle of Death". Those tags are left alone as they often provide some context to the spell that the GM reading it can surmise.

Originally I didn't perform any spell parsing if you look at earlier pages, the only reason CGen does it now is that SpellManager is left to perform the parsing to organize the spell actions.

The SLA DCs/Durations however are wrong due to level grouping. I was recently informed that I should be treating these as prepared spells as they don't pool their uses together. A single use of "7/day glitter dust" should not use a use from "7/day gust of wind" despite the similar pool-like notations. I'll fix that in time.
    Last edited by Ken L; December 28th, 2017 at 08:04.

Update 1.7: Expanded capability
    - Fixed SLA bug that would override an at-will ability if it had constants
    - Fixed SLA rework such that they're not considered spontaneous anymore, so one 7/day <spell A> would not expend uses from another 7/day <spell B>. They are still grouped together in 'levels' by their per-uses
    - Added Support for 'Psychic Magic', it shall now parse these sections as spontaneous casters, placing all spells in a single group per 'PE' pool (in the event that they have multiple). The pooled uses are 'casts' so if you use a psychic magic that uses 6-PE then check off 6 uses
    - Added Support for Meta-Magics at the basic level. It can now parse spells that had their name augmented by some kind of meta magic field. Prior it would ignore it and throw a warning, now it'll find the base spell to add to the NPC entry. Note that it does not apply the meta magic's effects to the spell. It can 'X-ray' through multiple layers of meta magics such as "Quickened Silenced Aquatic Aquatic Trail" where 'Aquatic Trail' is the base spell name augmented with the 'Quickened', 'Silenced' and 'Aquatic' meta-magics.

Check the github for the freshest update.
    Last edited by Ken L; December 28th, 2017 at 13:35.

Sweet, Thanks

Madman..

So, any chance with this new update you added the class to modifier. i.e Cleric=Wis or SLA=Cha?
    Or is that done with the 'SpellManager'

Madman..

Thread Information