DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

I'd just like to add that converting a product can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on the developer and the amount of content.

But that's only the start, it has to go through an internal review to make sure its completely compatible with Fantasy Grounds and doesn't throw any errors.

Then it has to go through a Steam review to make sure the content and advertising copy is acceptable. Steam can take anywhere from 4 days to 2 weeks depending on conditions (Steam sales can delay the release of a product for months).

The other key factor is that if we convert the product in house we have to have an available developer which is not always possible.

With all of these factors combined, we need at least 1-2 months lead time to convert a product for a KickStarter. In most cases we cannot get access to the files needed from the KickStarter project in time.
    Support:
    https://support.fantasygrounds.com/
    Have a suggestion for a feature? Go here https://fgapp.idea.informer.com

Just curious, though, what if you don't use your devs and do the conversion yourself? Or what if the product is FG from the start and there is nothing to "convert"? I would guess that you would still want the internal review and, if you wanted it on Steam, they would need their review too.

Blog Entries
    We still do a quality check, but some publishers do provide their own developers. In that case, they retain a higher percentage for the royalties we pay them.

Thanks for your clarifications! Know that I am asking all this out of passion for the community.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We still do a quality check, but some publishers do provide their own developers. In that case, they retain a higher percentage for the royalties we pay them.
    Is there anything that you guys would do if they created their own and let the backers/customers DL it from their own site and didn't use "FG" media (icons/etc) and just said it could be used in FantasyGrounds?

Also, what is the difference between someone like me creating modules for a ruleset like SRD/OGL creatures, spells and items and putting it up for download for free?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    ...what is the difference between someone like me creating modules for a ruleset like SRD/OGL creatures, spells and items and putting it up for download for free?
    I believe the principle difference is that you're offering the module for free, whereas a developer offering the free .mod file is doing so as a bonus incentive for a paid product (in the form of a .pdf file.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Is there anything that you guys would do if they created their own and let the backers/customers DL it from their own site and didn't use "FG" media (icons/etc) and just said it could be used in FantasyGrounds?

Also, what is the difference between someone like me creating modules for a ruleset like SRD/OGL creatures, spells and items and putting it up for download for free?
    If its free and posted here or on the DMsGuild and it is copyright compliant then its ok.
    If it requires any other purchase to access then it should have a license fee.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    I believe the principle difference is that you're offering the module for free, whereas a developer offering the free .mod file is doing so as a bonus incentive for a paid product (in the form of a .pdf file.)
    Yes, this.

If the only reason the FG version is free is to sell some other product it is linked to then it is no longer qualifying as a non-profit venture. Copyright applies to distribution regardless of whether or not it is for profit, but this is where we choose to draw the line.

I was wondering, as a backer of this kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ns/description
    If they had the files to you guys to make yet? The PDF were released this week.

Blog Entries
    They just sent us the files this week. We have not assigned it out to a developer yet.

Thread Information