5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Haha, it's deliberate of course Nulk.

1ifeblood and Venares - don't worry too much about backstory. As I said, I want the group to know each other and have grown up together. So in the first session I'd like everyone to get to know each other a bit and we can roleplay a communal history for the party. I'd like to find a time to chat with everyone who's applied to the game before the first session though, to see who might be a good fit.

I'm thinking that everyone will have spent their youth or be living in Goldenfields, North East of Waterdeep.
    Last edited by Fazakerley; August 30th, 2016 at 00:21.

If you still have any openings I would love to get in, Sep12 would be the best start day for me.

I would like to play a wizard or rogue. I have also thought about a monk. I have been playing D&D since 1979 and love it. I have played a lot on FG in the AL.

I would be interested and available for the appointed times. I played 3.5 in high school and also did a lot of theatre so I really enjoy connecting and getting into a character.
    I just finished my first 5e game a couple months ago (LMoP) played a Bard I really enjoyed. I was wanting to finally try playing a Half Elf Paladin. I wanted to play one in 3.5 but the LG always thing always seemed to cause conflicts in the groups I played in with paladins back then. I'd really be open to playing either character and don't mind dealing with in game discrimination from NPCs. I think adversity like that makes you work hard to prove yourself to the people.

This would be my first FG game my last one was on R20. So I might need to get used to the software but I was going to watch some youtube videos and play around with it this week to try not to be too much of an inconvenience.

Yes, yes please!
    This suits me going into 3-5 months of low work time. If there is still slots I am most definitely interested but would only be able to start the Monday following the 12th. Let me know if that's ok

Hail and well met Fazakerly

I have been skulking around this forum for a while trying to find some kick butt 5th edition nonsense to involve myself in. I have a busy schedule so I want to make sure any game that I commit to will have priority during that time slot in my life (read as Wife-supported re-occuring obligation). I have downloaded the trial of FG and am a complete noob when it comes to that, but hopefully with yours and the communities help that will be trivial to overcome.

I have been playing DnD so sporadically its almost nonsense to call it having played it for almost 20 years now. I got into a first edition game one weekend with a boyhood friend and we started playing 2nd edition as soon as we could afford our own books. Throughout school I played a lot more, but only a few one off sessions and at attempt to play through POTA when 5e launched is all I have. But I do sit with my PH and dream of the characters I would like to play. I am fairly anti-min-maxing and enjoy characters with good chinks in their armor I will most likely do standard point-buy characters (15,14,13,12,10,8). I would say I enjoy a closer to 60-40 combat/roleplay. As long as the roleplaying is exciting, all the better, and I love the idea of our characters already knowing one another at the start cause sometimes tying that thread can be challenging and loose at best.

I prefer martial characters over magical, as I tend to have more bravado than mysticism -also my games tend to die out before those magical characters can shine (1st level 2E fighter with a great sword shines like a diamond). A couple of characters I have wanted to breathe life into include:

A monastery trained human fighter who believes he is a katana wielding martial artist that taps in to his "ki" for action surges and superiority dice. Folk Hero background LG

Halfing fighter, wanderlust-stricken ex-horse thief known for luring horses to blind spots with a pocketful of pastries turned honest. Spends his time as a scout and traveling woodsman. Criminal Background CG (could be a rogue as well)

A nihilist human or half-elven Ancient One Warlock currently serving as a field missionary for the Cult of the Nameless One. Acolyte background LN

*although you said something against Multi-classing and I stated I am against min-maxing but..
    A dual wielding human Ranger who eventually swears an oath of vengeance against the Undead and Demonic entities of the world (Ranger-->Paladin). Would work a lot more in a Ravenloft adventure setting, but when you get to day dreaming and you've been chain watching Supernatural on Netflix...

Obviously some of those could mutate and grow before we start or I would be happy to fit a role that the party needs that isn't filled by the above. Thanks and if we don't end up gaming together, happy rolling.

Hey Fazakerly,

I'm playing with you in Gagsmith's OotA campaign. I'm really interested in playing Storm King's Thunder. Need a Druid with a pirate background?

Thanks for all the interest guys, I'll be in touch with everyone over the next few days.

It seems I haven't been clear enough about the party and characters in this game.

For those of you who have come up with backgrounds for characters I would stress that I don't really want this yet - all the characters will have grown up or lived in the same town for a number of years. I want the party to be a dynamic group as much as possible by the end of the first session, in which there will be no combat. So having an idea for race and class is fine, but if you're absolutely set on a specific background that you've written, this isn't the game for you.

Please read the whole of my proposal and my answers on this thread, so that you're properly informed when we chat about it if you're (still!) interested in joining.
    Last edited by Fazakerley; August 30th, 2016 at 18:58.

Could everyone who is interested please PM me and tell me when they might be available for a voice chat? I'm free Wednesday day or evening, Thursday/Friday/Saturday daytime, Sunday any time (that I'm not sleeping!)

I'm still trying to link up with the last couple of people, so we're going to start on the 12th. I'll let everyone know as soon as possible.

Thread Information