FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFP for new campaign: Storm King's Thunder. RP heavy.

New Fantasy Grounds DM seeking players. I've played a fair bit on Fantasy Grounds, but am looking to start a new game with me at the helm!

Adventure: Storm King’s Thunder (Wizards of the Coast)

FG License: Ultimate (anyone can join the game, including free users)

Game System: D&D 5E

Day of week and time: Monday evenings, 10.30pm GMT / 6.30pm EST

Planned start date: Monday 5th September or Monday 12th September.

Planned Frequency: Weekly. Sessions will probably last about 3-4 hours.

Term: Until the end of the adventure.

Text or Voice: Voice.

Voice software used: Discord.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Emphasis more on Roleplay than on Combat, but dependant on the session.

Number of Players in game & needed: At least one in game already, I’d like 4 more. If there’s enough interest, I’ll be choosing characters and players that I think will make a good party, rather than first come first served.

Character starting level & equipment: Starting level is 1. Generation by point buy (27 points). PHB races and classes only, no tieflings, dragonborn or variant humans. Equipment as starting class/background.
    As a roleplay campaign, I want to make sure there’s a difference between races in the world, so there will definitely be enmity between some races. Half elves and orcs will have to work hard with certain other races, for example.
    I’ll also be using the optional encumbrance rules (PHB p. 176) so beware dumping strength completely!

Alignment: Good alignments or lawful neutral.

Details of me and the game I intend to run: I’ve been DMing for many years on and off, and playing since Advanced D&D. I try to be a constructive kind of referee. If you have an ingenious plan which isn’t too overpowered for your level, I’d love to help you see that it works! I’m happy for people to be jokey and fun when the time is right too. I’m not a huge fan of minimaxing and metagaming though, so I won’t allow multiclassing unless there’s a good RP reason for it.

As for NPCs, I’m a decent voice actor and will attempt to breathe life into as many of them as possible.

I prefer to run a campaign in which the characters live and breathe as different people. They interact with each other as more than just acquaintances who they kill monsters and gather treasure with. I intend to be liberal with inspiration, and give out plus modifiers to rolls or advantage for good roleplaying.

For party cohesion and chemistry, the first session will be a group backstory. Pretty much all the characters will know each other, and have known each other for a while. I’d like to set up a strong basis for the party dynamic with everyone having a tie to everyone else, or at least a strong impression of each other member of the party.

If you’re interested, please post here or send me a PM with an idea for a character. Then we can set a time to get together and chat about it. There’ll be a calendar link when we have the players, I’d rather recruit here or in PMs though.

Yeah this sounds great. I've been wanting to play Storm King's Thunder since it was announced. I enjoy heavy RP so this is right up my alley.

I would like to roll a human war cleric, I was playing one when the campaign ended early due to scheduling conflicts with the party so I want to hop right back into it.
    Last edited by Aeolus; August 29th, 2016 at 03:39.
    Contact Info:
    Curse: Amon_Aeolus
    Discord: Nebulachor#4179
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nebulachor/

I cant do 630 est.. thats the time i pick up my son from football and they are not always punctual..
    I could do a start time between 7 and 715

1/2 orc ranger

Fatherdeath -
    Sadly I think that would make the sessions too short. 6.30 is already half an hour later than I wanted to start. I'm in the UK and don't want to finish later than 2.30am BST.

Aeolus -
    That's fine, always good to have a cleric on board! As I said I want the first session to be about working out a communal backstory for the party, so as long as you're flexible I'll put you on the short list. Please send me a PM about character ideas - don't worry about a backstory as I'd like to do that communally in the first session, as I said.
    Last edited by Fazakerley; August 29th, 2016 at 10:25.

This sounds like a great campaign to play in! I've had my fair share of DMs over the years (I myself have been DMing for many years), and it looks like you've got the right state of mind I prefer in a DM. Personally, I'm 38, married with children, been RPing for 25 years, and love Dungeons and Dragons! I'm pretty familiar with FG as well. I'll be happy to PM you some of my character concepts I have made up. They are made to fit a story, and to grow within that story. Many decisions I make as my character levels up is based on the experiences he's had in the world. I'm really looking forward to being able to collaborate with you in this campaign.

Fazakerley, I would have loved to join your campaign. Unfortunately Monday is not one of my open days currently. I wish you the best of luck and good times in your endeavor my friend.

P.S. To those who will be playing in the campaign, I play alongside of Faza in another game. He is always a lot of fun to have at the table. I think he will make a good GM. Good luck to all, hope you have a good time.

Count me in for this.
    UK as well

Dm'd a bit myself over the years and have a pretty good grip on FG.

I was thinking of rolling with a Paladin.
    He'd be more the "justice beats law type".
    Just because your not "technicaly" breaking the law doesn't mean I wont hurt you ALOT for it.
    Last edited by Venares; August 29th, 2016 at 23:48.

I'll vouch for Fazakerley as well. He plays in a game I'm the GM for and his brilliant voice acting skills will mean you're all in for a treat with him voicing the NPC's. I'd have joined this game myself but for the fact that it's a late kickoff UK time.

Quote Originally Posted by caledoniaman View Post
    I'll vouch for Fazakerley as well. He plays in a game I'm the GM for and his brilliant voice acting skills will mean you're all in for a treat with him voicing the NPC's. I'd have joined this game myself but for the fact that it's a late kickoff UK time.
    +1 for this as well. And I'd jump in as well, but he seems to be avoiding times his DM's can play in for some reason :S
    Currently Running: Eberron
    Recently Complete: Lost Mines of Phandelver / Green Ronins Freeport Trilogy / Tomb of Horrors
    Currently playing: nothing at the moment.
    Timezone: Australian Sydney Time - what ever the hell that is at the moment

Thread Information