5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

3.5 Karvosa Campaign Home Brew followed by The Curse of the Crimson Throne

FG License: GM has Ultimate License
    Game System: Pathfinder

Time Zone: Central Time USA,
    Day of week and time: Saturday starting at 10 PM until about 2 AM Sunday.
    Game status: Started

Planned Frequency: Weekly
    Term: Long term keep playing for a while, expect campaign to last 3-4 years+

Text or Voice: Text & Voice - Team Speak & Syrinscape.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 25 RP /75 Combat +/-
    Number of Players in game & needed: One or two, to take over a 8th level ranger or 7th level, almost 8th level barbarian.

Character starting level & equipment: --

Available: Cleric Female, Level 8

Character restrictions: For consistency prefer to stick with pre-generated characters in game (players will be allowed to customize character). If character dies may choose to re-roll a new character. This is an adult game. Not Kid Friendly (18+)!

Rules:https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Scario: The world is Golarion, on the continent of Avistan, country Varisia. The party is back in Korvosa drunk, sleeping it off in the Three Rings Tavern, all accept Egric - that one is heading home to see his wife Yovan.

Warning: Spoiler Alert do not read if you plan to play this adventure.
    Last edited by dellanx; November 1st, 2017 at 03:52.

Session 1:
    The druid Aldbear woke up one morning from a nightmare about the fishes. The fishes were dying, after some divination help from his mother he discovered that the problem was in a City of Korvosa. His mother flew him on an eagle several days North East of Korvosa. She left him in a clearing, and flew back home to the druid grove.
    The Aldbear soon encountered a wolf-dog that he befriended. The wolf-dog and the druid met a Ranger by the name of Crow in a clearing by a fire. Crow is traveling to Korvosa because his father also named Crow was murdered while on duty. The father was in an Elite company of Rangers in Korvosa. Crow has a letter from Commander Endrin expressing his deep regrets. Come to think of it Crow says, all of his ancestors going back 10,000 years were named Crow, going back to a Crow that saved his ancestor’s life during the Starfall (at least that what he knows).
    Meanwhile, Egric the rogue is camping under the starts. He left Korvosa due to girl trouble. Her father is Egric’s employer. Egric is taking the time to think; while he is lost he is not worried. He is feeling someone, his girl kissing him gently, he opens his eyes it is dark, but he sees five giant mosquitoes on top of him. Egric yells and starts fighting, the druid and ranger hear the noise and come running. The three of them make quick work of the mosquitoes.
    Sitting around the camp fire, they exchange their goals and make travel plans to Korvosa. In the morning they journey on. They see signs of violence; they come upon a dead horse carcass. Orc tracks move off toward a near by ruin. They hear guttural sounds in a language they don’t comprehend. I girls voice is asking someone to let her go. They decide to attack and rescue the girl. After a violent fight, where the druid entangles a group of orcs, while his companions pin them down with missile fire. The girl is rescued. Her name is Katlin, she is a fighter. She was on her way to Korvosa to hire a group of investigators. Her village by the name of Anlira has been having a rash of murders by some orcs. She invites the adventurers to speak to the Mayor and the Constable
    Last edited by dellanx; September 11th, 2016 at 16:20.

Session 2:
    The group travels South West to Anlira. Anlira is North East of Korvosa. They met the Mayor and the Constable. They are hired to investigate the murders. They think the villagers are a bit strange. The village serves the farmers of the surrounding area. The church in Anlira caters to neutral and good worship of several gods. Salistra is on among them, the drunk God is the other. The murders happened after most villagers were in the church. After accepting the job and being paid. The adventurers attend a funeral of the latest victim of the Orcs. A cleric of Shelyn gives the eulogy. The constable owns the funeral home. His employee Gilderoy and his wife Angelina run the funeral home.
    After the funeral the constable takes the tired adventurers to the Inn. The adventurers meet the people of Anlira, the constable’s wife, Jackaline, priest Jacob’s sister, the comely tavern wenches that are worshipers of Salistra and ply their trade in the inn. Angelina comes to the Inn and asks her husband when will he be home, he tells her that he is on official village business and he doubts it will be any time soon. While the druid and rogue stays below and talks to the constable, Crow goes with one of the girls upstairs. He comes down and they here Fire, Fire, Fire!

Session 2.5:
    After the ranger comes down stairs, the group hears fire, fire, fire! The fire is outside. After the group rescues a farmer and his wife from a burning house, they find out that the guards captured an Orc. The clerics are trying to get information about where the Orcs are.

Session 3:
    The adventurers, the constable and two guards go north east to the Orc camp. A battle is fought and against great odds the adventurer’s win. The problem is solved, but they find a note in camp that links Gilderoy to the plot. Gilderoy hired the Orcs to kill villagers. The constable is very upset, he knows where Gilderoy the Wizard lives, and also he knows the mayor is with him.
    The adventurer’s head of to the Wizard’s tower on the South West side of Anlira, and start knocking ion the door. They hear screams inside the tower, and a voice. Go away; we don’t want any at this moment. A dwarf by the name of Doman comes by. He is a dwarf fighter from Jenderhoff a dwarwen city north of here. He offers his help. The adventurers knock down the door, and see a dusty 1st floor of a tower. Wizard’s legs in a robe run up stairs. As the character’s give chaise a bunch of skeletons and zombies pile down the stairs. After a long fight, the adventurers stand in a pile of rotten flesh and bones. The go upstairs and see the mangled but still alive body of the Mayor. They also notice Gilderoy running along the outside of the Village wall toward the Cemetery.

Session 4:
    On top of the wizard’s tower, exhausted, the adventurers get ready to give chase to the wizard Gilderoy. The mayor was taken to the church for treatment. The dwarf did not feel well, so he went with the constable and the guards to the church.
    As they descended the stairway, they realized that the ground floor looks different. Gone is the wide open space, it is replaced by two separate rooms. The small chamber has a ladder that goes down. After shining the light from a lantern, they descend into the towers bowels. The wizards' tracks are here and a box that he must have left in a hurry. After looting the box, the adventurers pursue him through a side cavern that leads outside the village wall. Along the wall they moved swiftly to the cemetery, it has been a long day, the sky is a bit darker. They arrived at the cemetery, it is a gloomy place fog tendrils and darkness depresses the grass and the tomb stones alike.
    Near a slab of rock that is obviously a crypt, they saw five red skeletons dancing around a huge fire. After a desperate struggle against the undead, the group finally entered a tunnel through a broken entrance in the crypt floor. In there they run into undead. Fortunately for the group the cavern walls and luck seems to be on their side. In an alcove in the cavern they find a bag with a note and a portrait,. Gilderoy professes his love for the innocent Angelina, the constable's wife. Gilderoy wishes to kill the constable. The elf ranger blows a newly found horn, the party feels safe. The party rests. Then follow Gilderoy's tracks out of the cavern. They see a large previously undiscovered house.
    As they enter the vestibule the doors slam behind them. To the east there is blood on the floor. They explore several rooms and find several secret doors, including one that leads into a privy. They find a note that speaks about a wife acquiescing to be sacrificed by her husband to his deity? They finally find a large hallway through one of the secret doors. Once in a while they hear odd sounds, "the rattling of chains" or "moans of spirits"?

Session 5:
    The Ranger Crow, felt odd in this unfriendly house. He looked around, and observed the party spread out to much. He called everyone over back into the study, then the party proceeded through the east secret door. They went down a curving corridor to a skeleton that has been here a long time. Katalin the fighter found another secret door in the north-east wall. After Egric the Rogue checked the door for all necessaries, the door was opened. They saw a triangular room with a empty coffin having inside it the gear of Eliera the Cleric of Shelyn, this was perceived by Katalin that knew her most of her life. They also saw a portrait of three children, Katlin said the children are: Mortimer, Angelina and Eliera. Egric checked the east door, and opened it.

They saw the ravishing, scantily clad Eliera kneeling on red pillows uncomfortable, teary-eyed, and bound by a series of manacles and chains strung through rings in the hilts of scimitars embedded in the room's floor. At first her eyes showed shock at seeing others, then she asked am I to be sacrificed? If not please free me. Crow liking the site never the less covered her up with her own cloak. While Egric worked on manacle locks, Aldbear the Druid, Katalin the Fighter and Crow questioned her on how she got here. All she remembered is while treating the Mayor, she fainted, and then here she was bound and helpless. After a long time Egric opened the manacles. Katlin helped her get her armor on, and Egric checked the north door, it is locked, and I can't open it. When Eliera saw the portrait she realized where she is, she also though the house burned down years ago, and that when she played here as a child, a spare key was kept in the kitchen ovens.

They proceeded to the kitchen, Eliera saw a door, she remembered the room to be a chapel of Shelyn. After opening the doors she realizes that it is a temple to Zon Kuthon. After the rogue almost fainted from touching the skull on the alter, the party proceeded to the kitchen After a dangerous spider encounter, the group found the key in the ovens. They went back to the hallway and opened the east double doors with the key. They see an octagonal large room Crow proceeded to the skeleton in the northern part of the room, and is ambushed by some phantom suits of armor. After a brutal combat, the group proceeded up the northern stairway to the 2nd floor.

They came into an large oddly shaped room. They see Constable Mortimer saying ritual incantations over the Mayor's body lying on a sacrificial alter. He turns toward the party and gloats, than he sent the undead and other minions to attack the party, and teleport'ed out of the room. A fight starts, as soon as the wolf ventured on to the room's carpet half the group felt the overwhelming urge to participate in a blood ritual and proceeded toward the sacrificial alter. [To be continued.]
    Last edited by dellanx; September 11th, 2016 at 16:19.

Session 6:
    They continued to fight in the sacrifice room on the 2nd floor. Slowly, ever so slowly, they took the lead and killed the creatures there. As soon as the last sacrifice tool was destroyed, the sacrifice alter disintegrated. They decided to go to the 1st floor to rest and heal. The group settled on the music room, after resting they went north. They came to a hallway, where they saw a bunch of portraits. Eliera thought that one of the portraits was a spiting image of Constable Mortimer, but it may also be a portrait of his father. They moved into a tower. They went up, found that up doubled back to the sacrifice room, then they went down to the basement.

In the basement they found a room with a pool of shallow water, in the middle of the room they saw a stone platform. They observed corpses in the clear water. A coffin like box with a glowing dragon symbol rests on top of the pedestal on top of the stone platform. Eliera thought that those bodies are maybe undead ghouls. Egric and Katlin asked her if she could turn them, she tried and most of the creatures started moving toward them, accept two. The weeds grew out of the pool of water, and Aldbear cast his entangle spell. This allowed the group to engage most of the undead in some safety. Between the cleric devastating use of positive channeling powers, the druids lightning and the bows twanging it was soon over. The druid took his entangle spell down, and out of the gloom came the one remaining ghoul. It attacked Egric with great ferocity. Then poor Egric was paralyzed, before they dispatched the foul creature. Concerned the group try to revive him, then a miracle happened. Egric moved his finger, soon he was able to move his toes. With great relief he said look what I can do!

They saw a ghostly womanly shape come toward them. She explained that they need to follow her south. Egric tried to near the coffin but was nearly blasted. They followed her south to a room with a small pool consecrated to the Goddess Shelyn, the water will heal their wounds and destroy the evil around the coffin and inside it. Egric took his boots off and filled them with the water, he pored it inside the coffin. The body of the high priest dissolved, and they found un-identified items in the coffin. [To be continued].
    Last edited by dellanx; September 11th, 2016 at 16:19.

Seesion 7:
    In the bowels of the haunted house, the adventurers stood by the coffin of the high priest, wondering what they found and where is Constable Mortimer. The ghost of Mathilda appeared in front of them. She told the group with the destruction of the sacrifice alter she became free to contact them, and advise them on how to open the sarcophagus and destroy the body within. She said that they may have the treasure within. She revealed that the properties of the: armor being a suit of elfin chainmail plus one and resistance plus three, the longsword being a magic blade plus one that Crow was very interested in. She revealed that the ring is a ring of invisibility, and the ruby pendant has natural armor properties plus 2. The rogue Egric got those.

She left for a breath moment, and then re-materialized. She brought back a letter in her son's Mortimer's hand that may prove something possibly his guilt. It was written in another language that no one in the party understood. Katlin thought that someone in town may be able to help them, a scribe of sorts. The ghost said that her misguided son is not here, perhaps he is in the village?
    The players proceeded to scribe Wills residence. Once they left the no longer haunted house, they felt instant relief. They walked through the verdant forest and strolled into Anlira. At th home of Will the Scribe, the discussed the letter, and Eliera advised summoning Barrister Selmov before the letter is open and interpreted. In the presence of the designated village official, the letter was opened and Will read it. It said: "GL, my friend. You have supplied me well with necromantic components. I am eger to learn more of your contact's plans. I am finishing up here in Anlira, my plans are almost a success. Today I sent the Mayor's assistant Katlin, to Korvosa for help. She will never get there the orcs will kidnap her and make it look like an accident. I have been harvesting souls in Anlira, with great results. Please inquire for me if there is anything I can do for his lordship. Mortimer".
    Has anyone seen Mortimer? I think he is in the funeral home, said Selmov. The party proceeded to the funeral home. At the door to the home they heard argument between Angelina, Gilderoy and Mortimer. Mortimer yells "Madam, you disgust me, Gilderoy has foiled my plans. I will kill both of you before I am done, Madam, and dance on your bones!"

As you enter the parlor, you see the Wizard Gilderoy facing off against Constable Mortimer, the Constable's wife Angelina is by Gilderoy. Crying and imploring her husband Mortimer to change. Gilderoy has told me what you have been doing, killing villagers, converting them into soulbound dolls and other servants, selling their goods to pay for their funeral costs. All I wanted was your love, all you can think of is where your next bottle of booze is coming from. Your gloating lets me know that Gilderoy has told me the truth. You never loved me, I am leaving with Gilderoy! After the parties plies of surrender are ignored by him, the party engages Mortimer. Surprisingly, Angelina is able to summon the aid of frying pans that she tosses deathly at her ex-husband.

Hurt by this barrage, Mortimer summons black tentacles hopping that the party is snagged by them and crushed. All but two escape the grip. Aldbear and Crow are being crushed, but the rest of the party closes and kills Mortimer. His body is burned in the front yard, and everyone heads to the Inn to celebrate.

At the Inn Barrister Selmov settles the bill with the adventurer's. Crow, Egric and Aldbear get paid the contracted sum. Eliera and Katlin decide not to stay, and are also rewarded for the current and previous service to the village. Doman the Dwarf became the new village constable, his bowels seem allot better. The girls at the Inn approached the adventurer's as the deputation from the Church of Calistria. Jackolin, priest jacobs sister then she says: "To bad we did not hit it off that night we saw you for the first time. However, the girls have asked me to find you an appropriate reward for your services, and I have prayed to Calistria for guidance. Aldbear for your wisdom I present to you this gift, she removes her comb and becomes Priest Jacob. I will miss this hat, but it may serve you better I think".

Aldbear, looks slightly sick, but gains his composure and accepts the gift. He turns to Egric and says "we really need to leave this village soon". Egric says they do dance to their own tune here, even though there is nothing wrong with that. Angelina and Gilderoy sneak away. Silfedel the Elvin beauty takes Crow upstairs. She comes down and gets a special drink for Crow and with a smile goes upstairs. They are not seen all night.
    In the morning the group picks up the wolves armor, sell unwanted gear and identify discovered items. Egric and the group discuss Korvosa.
    The city is ruled by a monarchy. It is a highly rigid society, with rules for everything. The punishments for violent crimes are tough and severe, most likely due to the Chalixian heritage of the Korvosan's. Egric thinks that GL in the not stands for none other than Geodron Lamm, the notorious child theft ring leader. He unsure who the lordship refers to in the letter. The group is in good spirits, as Egric remembers his love Yovan Bedlid. He is home sick and wishes to leave for Korvoas soon...[To Be Continued].
    Last edited by dellanx; October 10th, 2016 at 12:14.

Session 8
    The group left the Village of Anlira on the on a moderately warm winter's day on their way to Korvosa to find the man named "GL", and who is behind his evil ways. They head South East down roads through farmland and forest. In the forest they spot a man, Egric recognizes him as a Korvosan pickpocket. The group makes the man keep away from them. The man is heading to Anlira. He tells them about Blackjack, a known vigilantly in Korvosa, and Katlin throws him a gold sail. He tells them about Korvosan laws and Origins, and warns them to be careful. The party moves on.
    By noon the party runs into a half naked man, the wolf runs over to him and sits. Indignant Egric yells that is our wolf. The man turns out to be a druid of some ability. He recognizes Aldbear as the son of the Arch Druides of the Grove and gives him some advice about Korvosa. Egric tells him that he will marry a Varisian Gypsy Girl in Korvosa, and asks for advice. The old man says that he eschews women in general, but as long as she is not a mantis you will do fine. He cooks the party lunch, and then is summoned by a rabbit, he says his goodbye's and heads back into the forest.
    After another four hours a party of thugs blocked the parties path, and demanded their money. A fight started, and before you know it three brigands were on the ground dying and two were wounded. The two surrendered. The group wanted to take the brigands to Korvosa to trial, and Crow thought that they should die, because they can't be redeemed, but he gave in to the group's wishes even though of his religious believes. After the brigands paid restitution the group, they were tied up by the cleric Eliera, she mentioned Hojo Jitsu.

Come to a small river the party made camp. Eliera ask the group: " I feel like I need to pray. Will anyone join me in the water? " She removes her plate armor and gets into the cold river water. The group feels something mystical in her prayer to goddess Shelyn. The agnostic Egric, says "Amen!" After the prayer she gets out of the water, Katlin helps her with her armor and Crow cooks dinner. They eat, feed the prisoners and setup watch.
    By morning they realize someone is approaching their camp. Egric recognizes the uniforms, they are discovered by the Korvosan Guard. Watch Sergeant Grau Suldano recognizes Egric, there is much camaraderie. Suldano remembers that "Ersta Bedlid has left word with me that he and Yovan have been looking for him. I saw them a few days ago. Grau said that he thought that they were worried about him.

This troubles Egric allot. He wishes to travel to Korvosa forth with. Suldano assigns three guards to lead the group to Korvosa, but right before they reach the safety of the city walls, they hear a wolf howl. They see ten dire wolves come out of the woods and surround them. Before blood could be spilled Eliera walks toward the wolves, things happen so fast, one moment they are hostile, the next moment they are frolicking at the priestesses' feet. The Korvosan Guards are in awe. The group is shocked. Eliera hugs the wolves and says something, the wolves take off into the woods. The guards rush to Elira's side and kiss her hands. Egric said to her with a smile: "My lady you should pray naked more often!" He also says to her: "Milady is your Surname Stark by any chance? Not knowing why she said it, she answered with a smile: "Winter is coming!"

The group with the guard escort came around the bend in the road, in front of them they see a sight beyond their imagining, Korvosa the Jewel of Varisia in the full midday sunlight! [To be continued...]
    Last edited by dellanx; February 4th, 2018 at 09:04.

Thread Information