DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last
    This is currently not working for 4e ruleset?
    Opening a map just shows these https://puu.sh/vOkKA/0a4260aa88.jpg
    It's definitely activated https://puu.sh/vOkL5/754b835832.jpg
    There is no module in the library (as mentioned in the video, unsure if it's meant to be there with current version, but worth stating).

Edit, actually just noticed I had player image auto size extension on. It appears that was conflicting with it, and works now I've turned it off.
    Last edited by spite; May 13th, 2017 at 04:15.

A very nice extension for adding notes to maps. Many thanks.

I wonder if there is a way to allow multi-line notes? Squarer labels fit better sometimes.

The notes on my maps cover up quite a lot of the detail when I'm zoomed out. It would be super-nice to be able to place the note to one side of a target point where there might be space. Maybe we could have a line or arrow that points to the correct place (and continues to point to roughly the correct place as we all zoom in and out). Obviously it complicates things but thought I'd ask.

labels_with_arrows.png

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleyes View Post
    A very nice extension for adding notes to maps. Many thanks.

I wonder if there is a way to allow multi-line notes? Squarer labels fit better sometimes.

The notes on my maps cover up quite a lot of the detail when I'm zoomed out. It would be super-nice to be able to place the note to one side of a target point where there might be space. Maybe we could have a line or arrow that points to the correct place (and continues to point to roughly the correct place as we all zoom in and out). Obviously it complicates things but thought I'd ask.

labels_with_arrows.png
    This was pretty much a proof of concept extension and it soon became very complex - relying on token placeholders on the map, which then inherit other scaling factors which could be set on the map. This then makes it pretty hard to control the exact size and position of the labels.

With the inherent complexity, and FGU coming out sometime soon, I don't plan to maintain this extension. In fact, it isn't really compatible with the most recent version of FG rulesets. But, if you fancy playing around with it and adding some things you'd like to see - go for it!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    and FGU coming out sometime soon
    indeed lol
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This was pretty much a proof of concept extension and it soon became very complex - relying on token placeholders on the map, which then inherit other scaling factors which could be set on the map. This then makes it pretty hard to control the exact size and position of the labels.

With the inherent complexity, and FGU coming out sometime soon, I don't plan to maintain this extension. In fact, it isn't really compatible with the most recent version of FG rulesets. But, if you fancy playing around with it and adding some things you'd like to see - go for it!
    Yes that makes sense. I hadn't come across the videos and FAQ on FGU (I must have been living under a rock) so that was very interesting. I'll wait with the rest of you for FGU and see if it has native support for player/GM layers and text on maps.

I understand that Trenloe is not supporting this extension anymore and this post is purely informational for any newcomers. If you have this extension enabled you will not see the new image buttons in 3.3.7 that enable the map to background option. Otherwise the extension seems to be working fine.

I love this extension but doesn't work properly now with FG 3.3.7

Trenloe no Lon ger supports the extension either.

I have a question how this extension works "under the hood". Is this actually placing an image that uses location on the current image? The reason I asked, is I am looking for a solution to add labels for GM notes to my maps. I've already attempted this with Enhanced Images, and after adding several "labels" as tokens which are hidden from the players, I noticed that performance started to suffer a bit. Should I expect the same thing with this?

One additional question. Is there a way to make sure the text labels appear underneath link pins? In my example above, I'm specifically trying to place labels like A1, A2, A3, etc. I would then like to drop my story entry pins directly on top of the label then, however, they keep appearing below the label.

First things first - this extension is really a proof-of-concept and has not been updated to work with recent versions of FG. For instance, I doubt if it will work with the new desktop panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tielc View Post
    I have a question how this extension works "under the hood". Is this actually placing an image that uses location on the current image? The reason I asked, is I am looking for a solution to add labels for GM notes to my maps. I've already attempted this with Enhanced Images, and after adding several "labels" as tokens which are hidden from the players, I noticed that performance started to suffer a bit. Should I expect the same thing with this?
    The extension places a small, transparent, token on the image which is used as the placeholder to attach the label, in the form of a text widget: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/textwidget.xcp

I haven't tested beyond approx. 20 labels. As mentioned, the graphical content is not a token, and the small transparent token used is 50x50 in size, so I doubt this would have the same impact as putting a bunch of much higher resolution tokens on a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Tielc View Post
    One additional question. Is there a way to make sure the text labels appear underneath link pins? In my example above, I'm specifically trying to place labels like A1, A2, A3, etc. I would then like to drop my story entry pins directly on top of the label then, however, they keep appearing below the label.
    The text label widget is drawn and then is sent to the back of the drawing order using sendToBack: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...xcp#sendToBack I imagine, as the image pins are placed by the base FG application, not FG API code, that they are drawn first, and then the labels are drawn later - on top of the pins. The best you can do is offset the pins slightly from the labels.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information