DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Add NPC allies to the party sheet.

Saw this thread while looking for something else and thought i would take a stab at it, I know its an old thread but hopefully the OP is still around and can use this. So this extension lets you put NPC's that are local, meaning they are not from a module but stored in the campaign DB file, you can open a NPC from a module then drag the link over to the local NPC tab "new" and from there drag them into the Party Sheet. The NPC's edit "lock" must be locked to drag it over, and once in the party sheet changes to the NPC don't take effect till you relock it. You can split coin and xp with the NPC and it will store it but you wont be able to access it once its on the NPC, you can change how much coin an NPC shows as having in the party sheet inventory by editing the "Treasure" field in the NPC sheet by using this syntax, ( ;+GP 5, -SP 10, =CP 19 etc.."in this example you would add 5 GP to what the NPC already had subtract 10 silver from NPC and set the NPCs CP to 19 overridding what ever value was there before" ) this can be after the treasure types as long as its separated by the semicolon. You cant give items to the NPC and I dont have languages or classes in there as I don't know how to do that yet, the CR will be the level and Type will be the race. This replace alot of the PS files and is a work in progress.

Ya know I just noticed this was a 5E thread HAHA, oh well maybe someone can adjust the code to work in 5E or get an idea from it.
    Hey how do I link this to the 3.5E forum?

Noticed a glitch in the coin section gonna work on fixing that.
    Ok fixed the coin glitch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mr900rr; July 12th, 2018 at 04:48.

Thanks mr900rr, but yeah I'm (still) running a 5e campaign, and doing things on the fly and/or adding in NPCs as PCs when time allows (which is not always)... Everything I said (about wishing for this feature one day) still stands, but I'll manage in the meantime (no choice right?) even if that's indefinitely (as I suspect it is)...

Ill take a look at the 5E code and see if its vastly different, maybe I can convert it.

Blog Entries
    This quite basic extension still awards XP to NPCs but keeps the calculation correct for the rest of the party.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nsion&p=286770
    It will work with fractions.
    The NPC will still actually receive the same XP as the PCs but the PCs share wont be diminshed.

Cool, Brewin does that do what you are looking for, if so ill stop working on the conversion of mine, although I have found that 90% of the code is the same between 3.5 and 5 in the PS files. Im gonna go ahead with the conversion I am about 95% done, just need to separate the senses and passive perception and figure out the HD, so should have that done any day.
    Last edited by mr900rr; July 9th, 2018 at 08:22.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    This quite basic extension still awards XP to NPCs but keeps the calculation correct for the rest of the party.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nsion&p=286770
    Thanks Damned, if I understand correctly I will indeed be able to use this to solve my problem - even though it's not in the way the example shows.

In my case (assuming I understand correctly) I have let's say 5 PCs and 1 NPC. The NPC isn't created as a PC (at least initially anyway) and so isn't displayed on the party sheet where you allocate XP. But simply by putting in a "1" into the "No XP" field, then it should divide by 6 (5 PCs + the NPC), rather than 5 (for just the 5 PCs), when calculating the XP allocations... If I put in a "2" say then it would be dividing XP by 7 (5 PCs + 2 NPCs). Is that correct?

If so, then that will work yes... I don't suppose there was a similar available solution for the allocation of coins? (Okay if not, since that's a rare thing - if an NPC is around long enough to share in treasure, then they're around long enough for me to create a PC for them that is GM-controlled).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewin View Post
    Thanks Damned, if I understand correctly I will indeed be able to use this to solve my problem - even though it's not in the way the example shows.

In my case (assuming I understand correctly) I have let's say 5 PCs and 1 NPC. The NPC isn't created as a PC (at least initially anyway) and so isn't displayed on the party sheet where you allocate XP. But simply by putting in a "1" into the "No XP" field, then it should divide by 6 (5 PCs + the NPC), rather than 5 (for just the 5 PCs), when calculating the XP allocations... If I put in a "2" say then it would be dividing XP by 7 (5 PCs + 2 NPCs). Is that correct?

If so, then that will work yes... I don't suppose there was a similar available solution for the allocation of coins? (Okay if not, since that's a rare thing - if an NPC is around long enough to share in treasure, then they're around long enough for me to create a PC for them that is GM-controlled).
    I havent done anything for coins. But yes that is basically how it works.

This actually does it the other way so is not what you are after - this is not diluting the amount of XP the PCs receive whereas you want to dilute their XP.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I havent done anything for coins. But yes that is basically how it works.

This actually does it the other way so is not what you are after - this is not diluting the amount of XP the PCs receive whereas you want to dilute their XP.
    Actually - it accepts negative numbers too... so if you had 2 NPCs that were not in the party sheet and you wanted to assign them an equal slice of XP you would add -2 in the No XP field and it would split the XP by PCs+2.

Ok so here is the 5E conversion of the extension, you cant alter the coins the NPC has as there is no "Treasure tab like a 3.5E NPC has so I will have to find a way to make that work.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mr900rr; July 17th, 2018 at 09:36.

Thread Information