DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Blog Entries
    If nothing else, he has me curious what he means by "base" ruleset...

The "Base Ruleset" is years old project before CoreRPG ruleset was a thing. There were several community member developed rulesets back in the days that were made to be generic and extendable just like current CoreRPG except thing were much harder and cumbersome back then. These rulesets were Base, Foundation and Unicore to mention but a few. These rulesets are still available in some deep dark places (FG wiki), but seriously if you want to develop ruleset use CoreRPG.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I found it under community rulesets in the wiki. I couldn't get it to work so I just went back to my modified Classic Traveller ruleset that is basically just a working character sheet. Roll20 or whatever it's called is terrible so I will take a non-functioning FG ruleset over that other program any day.

I tried to use Core RPG once as I recall but the placement of things never made sense to me. Like the font for use in the character sheet is not controlled in the ruleset but is somewhere else and if you change it then it affects all rulesets that use that core piece. I also couldn't get the Core RPG ruleset to lookup stuff.

Blog Entries
    CoreRPG is designed to be utilized as a "layered" ruleset. Pretty much everything popular you load up you'll notice CoreRPG being layered in on top as the final ruleset loaded. Any of the D&D's, PFRPG (which is 3.5E as far as rulesets go), Savage Worlds, you name it. So... you're not supposed to change CoreRPG itself because naturally that would change everything else that uses it.

Create a new ruleset folder, call CoreRPG from that, then make the changes you need there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    CoreRPG is designed to be utilized as a "layered" ruleset. Pretty much everything popular you load up you'll notice CoreRPG being layered in on top as the final ruleset loaded. Any of the D&D's, PFRPG (which is 3.5E as far as rulesets go), Savage Worlds, you name it. So... you're not supposed to change CoreRPG itself because naturally that would change everything else that uses it.
    Building a layered ruleset is definitely the way to go and between all the D&D, Numenera and Fate rulesets that you already have downloaded you can see how to do most things.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Create a new ruleset folder, call CoreRPG from that, then make the changes you need there.
    You can unzip CoreRPG and rename the folder Archlyte and then you will see Archlyte as an option. This will allow you to simply edit straight into a forked version of CoreRPG but you will not inherit any new CoreRPG features if you do it this way.

I think maybe someday I will find someone to do this for me. I love Mythras but I just don't have the technical ability or time to get it done. I was able to make an awesome (in my opinion) character sheet in that old traveller ruleset, but nothing else works. I somehow broke the notes so only the gm can create and modify the notes even though the icon works for players.

I may take a look at the core again if I get some time.

Thread Information