DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 14 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JRock View Post
    This information is awesome. Thanks for taking time to compile all this.
    You are welcome. If you find anything that needs to be updated or areas that need more information, just let me know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    This is an amazingly helpful document. Thanks LordEntrails for your hard work.

I no longer subscribe to Microsoft's Office Suite, so Windows 10 defaults to Wordpad to open the .docx file. In WordPad there are highlighted "Examples" (see the screenshot below). Are these links to something somewhere else that Wordpad is failing to resolve? Or are they just placeholders (for future work I suspect)?

(Please know that no criticism is intended. I'm just wondering if my lack of succumbing to Suite extortion has finally produced a negative result - like I can't follow links.)

Thanks.

Untitled.png
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    This is an amazingly helpful document. Thanks LordEntrails for your hard work.

I no longer subscribe to Microsoft's Office Suite, so Windows 10 defaults to Wordpad to open the .docx file. In WordPad there are highlighted "Examples" (see the screenshot below). Are these links to something somewhere else that Wordpad is failing to resolve? Or are they just placeholders (for future work I suspect)?

(Please know that no criticism is intended. I'm just wondering if my lack of succumbing to Suite extortion has finally produced a negative result - like I can't follow links.)

Thanks.
    Glad it helps
    Those are actually images that word pad can't/doesn't show. the only hyperlinks are at the end under Resources.

I've added a PDF version to the first post so you can use that. I wanted the native file available to everyone in case in the future I'm no longer active on the forums, some one else can take over and maintain the doc without having to start over or worry about text extraction from a pdf.

(I'm not a fan of Office 365 either.)

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    (I'm not a fan of Office 365 either.)
    I use OpenOffice (LibreOffice).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    … I've added a PDF version to the first post so you can use that. ...
    Thank you LordEntrails. "I can see clearly now..."

I am using something I just discovered, the ability to use the "Random" Encounter generator Form rather than the default set number of monsters in an Encounter Form.

You might want to include this in your document? But if you do I think the caveat (below) needs some emphasis.

I'm sure everyone already knows about this but for the sake of the newcomers (or my inability to express myself adequately), here's what I am talking about..

Screenshots are provided..

1) To create a "Random" Encounter, open the Encounters Library Dialog, then click the Random button.
    Untitled1.png

2) Create a New entry and populate your "Random" Encounter (note the "Generate" button at the bottom of the encounter Dialog).
    Untitled2.png

3) Here is the important caveat. If you test your new "Random" Encounter, by clicking the Generate button, it generates an encounter for you, but you'll probably want to ensure you remove all your randomly generated tests before final publication of your module.
    Untitled3.png
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; June 28th, 2018 at 17:11.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    I do need to update the document. Thanks for the details. I'll try to get it updated before too long.

If anyone else has suggestions for new areas, changes, or improvements, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    I use OpenOffice (LibreOffice).
    You can also use the Google Docs to open the .DOCX files. You can install offline versions of the Google suite, which is pretty simple to do:

Make sure you are online (you are, you are reading this right?)
    Use Chrome and add the Docs Offline extension to Chrome: (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...nilnnbdlolhkhi)

that's pretty much it, and for the most part the Google suite works as well as Office does, although there may be some minor tweaking to some things needed. To be fair, the same issues occur with OpenOffice, LibreOffice, WPS and FreeOffice, the term '100% compatible' is a bit of a misnomer. Yes you can open and save in the .DOCX format, but it's not going to truly be 100% perfect.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vooddoo69 View Post
    How do i get to the document
    It's attached to the 1st post in this thread.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; January 29th, 2019 at 10:20.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by vooddoo69 View Post
    How do i get to the document
    Make sure you are not viewing the site with the mobile view otherwise you won't see the link. Find the drop down menu at the bottom left of the page and select FGResponsive or click on the view full site link.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information