FG Spreadshirt Swag

Trouble with class.txt in parser

Hey there.

I bought the ultimate liscence 2 days ago, and have been spending these last two days getting familiar with the client.
    I then found Xorn's parser guide, and decided to give it a go.
    Thing is, I've been stuck on this step for hours now, and I just can't see what on earth I'm doing wrong.

I can do backgrounds and tables, no problem. But I cannot get the class.txt to work.

When parsing, it seems to go through, just fine:
    Attachment 14929

But when I open the module, it's blank.
    Attachment 14930

Nothing I do changes anything. I've completely deleted everything and tried re-writing it all, but I get the same error. I've tried copying what Xorn wrote, same problem. It's just blank.

Does anyone know what I could be missing?

I would link the entry (Bard) but I think that would go against the rules for sharing copyrighted material... So not quite sure what to do =/
    Last edited by Teemo; August 2nd, 2016 at 20:21.

Having to dork around with this stuff for hours is why I felt spending the $50 to just get the full class pack was worth it...

I don't really mind the nitpicking to be honest, I just wish the console was a bit more helpful.

I'm beginning to thing certain things must be present in specific ways. Like the inclusion of the #fe; tag. I've been trying to boil down the template, to the bare minimum for it to appear.
    I seem to have to include at least one #fe; tag and one list. Failure to do so, nets me a pretty little error.
    But doing it still leaves me with a blank screen =/

Use commas "," between levels in features, not semi-colons ";". For example: #fe;Magical Secrets;10,14,18 not #fe;Magical Secrets;10;14;18

See the example on pages 6-7 in the PAR5E DD5E user guide PDF.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I rather just bill out another couple hours of my time to one of my clients, and send the money to Smiteworks. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Use commas "," between levels in features, not semi-colons ";". For example: #fe;Magical Secrets;10,14,18 not #fe;Magical Secrets;10;14;18

See the example on pages 6-7 in the PAR5E DD5E user guide PDF.
    Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
    You just saved me a series of sanity checks, trying to figure out what was wrong ^^

While we're on the topic though. Level specific feats and abilities. Is it possible to set them up, so they auto update on your character?

I'm thinking specifically for custom classes and the like?
    Last edited by Teemo; August 2nd, 2016 at 23:31.

Thread Information