5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Blog Entries
    ok ... so that link confused me. Perhaps you meant this link: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=81597
    and yes I voted

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    ok ... so that link confused me. Perhaps you meant this link: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=81597
    and yes I voted
    Yeah, sorry - wrong link. Copy/Paste issues.

Glad you found the right one.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I was just looking for this in my game, so my best option for now is a name system "Bandit Hideout - Story" and "Bandit Hideout - Encounter" so when I hover over the pin I can tell if it is a story or an encounter or a trap or whatever. It is a shame, colored pins by type would be a nice feature. Seems kind of silly to name my encounters in the encounters tab all with the word encounter just for the push pins

Quote Originally Posted by DwightLee View Post
    It is a shame, colored pins by type would be a nice feature.
    Go vote for it: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=81597
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh I did

Dont take this as a critique, I LOVE Fantasy Grounds... and am subscribed to help continue its improvement. Easily the best platform for table top type role-playing games over the internet. With Discord and Syrenscape, it is actually better ( for me ) than actual play around a table.
    Last edited by DwightLee; December 14th, 2018 at 15:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I'm trying to understand exactly what you are trying to do here. If a pin is for a Story entry, can't you just hover the mouse over the pin and it will say the name of the Story entry? I know that you have to have the module containing the Story entry open for this to happen, but I believe you can easily find the name of a pin this way.
    That is exactly what I am doing now, but it is kind of silly to have every story point ( I have hundreds of them in my campaign ) all with the text "Story" in the title, same with encounters with the text "Encounter" in the title, on the encounter table for an encounter just for the push pins. If I could color the story pins blue, and the encounter pins red and the sound pins Yellow, ext... it would be wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightLee View Post
    That is exactly what I am doing now, but it is kind of silly to have every story point ( I have hundreds of them in my campaign ) all with the text "Story" in the title, same with encounters with the text "Encounter" in the title, on the encounter table for an encounter just for the push pins. If I could color the story pins blue, and the encounter pins red and the sound pins Yellow, ext... it would be wonderful.
    I don't pin the encounters to the map. I only pin the story entries to the map, and then in the story entry I have a link to the encounter. This is generally how you will see it done in the store adventures. Part of the reason is unless you know the adventure really well, how do you know when to add the NPCs to the tracker? They might only be activated in some situations and not other. (Note, I would still love multi-colored pins, and even pin shapes based on entity type, but, until that happens, this works well enough.) Also, don't forget that you can also group your story entries to help organize them too.

It works really well for Undermountain (and there are over 600 story entries on the first level)...
    Screen Shot 12-14-18 at 08.57 AM.PNG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I don't pin the encounters to the map. I only pin the story entries to the map, and then in the story entry I have a link to the encounter. This is generally how you will see it done in the store adventures. Part of the reason is unless you know the adventure really well, how do you know when to add the NPCs to the tracker? They might only be activated in some situations and not other. (Note, I would still love multi-colored pins, and even pin shapes based on entity type, but, until that happens, this works well enough.) Also, don't forget that you can also group your story entries to help organize them too.

It works really well for Undermountain (and there are over 600 story entries on the first level)...
    Screen Shot 12-14-18 at 08.57 AM.PNG
    And the reason you dont ( and I probably wont ), is because all pins look the same. Id like to have a lot of things pinned, sound changes, map changes, story changes etc, but that is difficult to do easily if all pins look alike. There is no difference activating an encounter by pin or by a link in the story board. Today I tested having a pin in a door, the sound of that door opening using DOE across discord... worked perfectly, but there is no tool tip saying that it is a sound ( like there is for Story or encounters or maps ) it would be nice if I could make those pins yellow so I knew it was a sound for example

I don't even need lots of colors. I just wish that encounter pins were one color (red, for example), and story pins were green. Or something.

Thread Information