5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    As you can imagine, in Undermountain the GM map is the absolute key to finding the info you need. Since their really is no set order something like a numbered story list just doesn't work. And, since it's Undermountain, the players don't get one big map because there are portals in places the may not even be aware of.

I had to hide a smile when the player mapping said, "Hey, that's not right, this hallway goes into the fountain room..." My response was, "Apparently not."

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Nice job on Undermountain. I was thinking that would be a great addition but it is so huge it seems a daunting task. I have the old original boxed set but it seems impossible to scan the huge maps in

Blog Entries
    If my players just stayed on track with the published adventure we are running (PotA) then I would be working on UM more. But right now I'm having to create the part of the elemental plane of earth. Since they let Ogremoch loose on teh prime plane and went through the portal seeking the apostle...

Ah well. Soon (tm)!

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm trying to understand exactly what you are trying to do here. If a pin is for a Story entry, can't you just hover the mouse over the pin and it will say the name of the Story entry? I know that you have to have the module containing the Story entry open for this to happen, but I believe you can easily find the name of a pin this way.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I'm trying to understand exactly what you are trying to do here. If a pin is for a Story entry, can't you just hover the mouse over the pin and it will say the name of the Story entry? I know that you have to have the module containing the Story entry open for this to happen, but I believe you can easily find the name of a pin this way.
    The second part of the thread, what I was trying to do and document was when you have a link in a story, how do you find where it is on the map? From the image in post #1, you can see that there are a large number of pins on the map, where is the pin that is for the story entry you have open or have linked to?

For instance, I'm in a known location on the map, I open the story entry, part of the story is a portal to another part on the map. The players pass through the portal, I have a link to the new story entry location. But where the heck are they on the map now? As I'm re-doing the map I'm putting a coordinate grid on it so I can reference that, but since at this time time I don't have all that done (and did lots of the story entries before I worried about this) I need a way to figure out/clean up my oversight.

I understand. I've been thinking about this (in addition to some other communication oversights such as "Where in the Combat Tracker is THIS token"). Let me think on it...
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The second part of the thread, what I was trying to do and document was when you have a link in a story, how do you find where it is on the map? From the image in post #1, you can see that there are a large number of pins on the map, where is the pin that is for the story entry you have open or have linked to?

For instance, I'm in a known location on the map, I open the story entry, part of the story is a portal to another part on the map. The players pass through the portal, I have a link to the new story entry location. But where the heck are they on the map now? As I'm re-doing the map I'm putting a coordinate grid on it so I can reference that, but since at this time time I don't have all that done (and did lots of the story entries before I worried about this) I need a way to figure out/clean up my oversight.
    Not an ideal solution but maybe the text label extension could help somewhat.

Edit: after looking at your screenshot, well, maybe it can't...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Exalted View Post
    Not an ideal solution but maybe the text label extension could help somewhat.

Edit: after looking at your screenshot, well, maybe it can't...
    Always open to ideas But yea, the text label won't help much in this case. Plus I'll be publishing this on the DMsGuild so I'm trying to stick with core FG functionality unless some extension becomes just too useful/important.

Blog Entries
    Man .. colouring pins ... SOOOO want this to happen too! Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    Man .. colouring pins ... SOOOO want this to happen too! Shoot
    Have you voted for it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ets_-_Layering ??
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information