5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Savage Rifts

Savage Rifts

Alright folks, I am looking to build a rifts group using the Savage Worlds ruleset.

License Ultimate, so you players don't need a thing, only a brain.
    Time & Date This is still open for work, but right now we are looking at Saturday during the mornings of PST, 9 or 10 PST. Expect weekly, or bi-weekly games, players will decide.
    Game Length Games usually are 4 hour sessions
    Voice Can't be shy, we use Discord (Free voice chat program, very good)
    RP/Combat I like my Roleplay, as well as combat, so expect a mix of both, those who try to game the system/meta gamers not be welcome.
    Notes I have gone through the Rifts settings, and I may do some slight changing for the starting characters, but will see, can discuss during character creation.
    Notes Since I am new to Savage Worlds, and this will by my first Rifts game. We will start with premades, to get adjusted to the rules and setting before diving into character creation.
    Player Count No more than 6, 5 being the sweet number.
    A bit of info about myself, I been running a couple steady groups here, the longest for almost a year now. I been running Star Wars and DnD 5e as my main games, I have always been curious about Savage Worlds. Rifts settings got me into liking science fiction, as well as being the very first game I ever DM'd years ago, it got me completely into Pen and Paper RPG's.

So once I saw the Rifts setting hit kickstarter (Too late to buy into it), and it dropped to buy, I grabbed it in an instant.

For those who are interested, apply to the link below!!
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2113
    Last edited by Hurske; August 3rd, 2016 at 20:39.

Hey, Hurske. I haven't played Rifts since my first tour in the Marines (I was 21-22...quite a while ago)...BUT I would love to get back into it. Just got Fantasy Grounds with Savage Worlds because I'd love to run a game. I play regular tabletop with my kids, but they're too young for very sophisticated content (political machinations, betrayal, intense moral dilemmas, etc.). I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough yet to try to run a game on this platform. Figure the best way to learn is by being on the player end (just like GMing, no?). Let me know if you have any questions to see if I'm suitable for your group.

For my part: do you have a sense of the atmosphere you want to have for the game? I remember rifts being cool in that you could be in high or low tech, horror, fantasy, or sci-fi. Rips in the dimensional fabric are cool that way. However, I don't wanna create the loin cloth swaddled barbarian who's baffled by the hi tech complex being swept by the party ("Sistehm errohr? Mongo not a sistehm errohr, stoopid blinky box! YOU A SISTEHM ERROHR!!!"<SMASH!!!!>). Nor do I wanna play the mech pilot who is perpetually apologizing to the denizens of the Sylvan Empire for crash through their tree homes and pureeing their pet unicorns ("Ah, crap...did I do that? Oh man...that sucks. Sorry about your dog...er, horse...um, horse-oceros thing...there. Bye." <Lumbers away awkwardly>). Ya know. I wanna play a setting appropriate character.

Anyway. Let me know if I can jump in.
    Unius dementia dementes efficit multos.

Very interested, do you have a discord server on which I can speak with you? I'm very well versed in Savage Worlds and can answer any rules questions you may have.
    Last edited by WhiteFox; July 31st, 2016 at 14:55.

Definitely interested. I picked up the Kickstarter. My Brother-in-law really loves Rifts, but I have only core concept knowledge of it. However, as a KS backer, I have all the stuff I need to catch up. I'd like to play some Savage Worlds on FG, and the setting is definitely intriguing. Time slot is pretty good for me. I'm EST time zone and available after 12:30 on Saturdays (which would be 9:30PST).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFox View Post
    ...do you have a discord server...
    Check my sig, there's also a FG community TS3 server but I dunno if people just like, chat or whatever when a game isn't going.

Alright fellas, only have two so far that signed up to the calendar. As for some of the questions, yes I do have my own discord server, send me a private message and ill give the info. As for the atmosphere, I honestly am not sure which direction we will go. I am thinking of starting off with the Tomorrow Legion, and from there head off in the direction of the players. I have no issues in working to convert the other source books from the Palladium line.

Oh god Yes!!! Rifts is my favorite medium. A beautiful blend of fantasy/magic/technology and the straight up "If you dont think and pay attension you will die horrorbly.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to toss the dice) Matrim Cauthon

Alright, for an update fellas. I plan on running the first session on the 13th. Use this link below.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...09&p1=127&ah=4

Now as I said this is my first rifts game with Savage Worlds, and my first game of Savage Worlds as well. We will run the starting released adventure The Garnet town gambit. SO DON'T SPOIL YOURSELF!

I will be around tomorrow morning (PST) working on character creation with one of the players, so if anyone else is around feel free to drop on the discord for fantasy grounds.
    Last edited by Hurske; August 3rd, 2016 at 20:42.

Were we still using pregens for the first few games?

Around what time will you be on tomorrow morning?

Thread Information