Starfinder Playlist
Page 14 of 24 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    So I am sitting down tonight and considering my options to run with. From what I understand it's mostly beginner friendly one shots to make them as accessible to all that are being produced, correct? I try offering something different than the standard games being run on a site, generally. So if I see lots of high RP games, I run tactical focused instead type of thing. If there's going to be lots of low level, beginner friendly games, I may do a higher level event for the folks who aren't into the low level ones. Am I correct in my understanding, or is there something else I should be aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by DM|Mag View Post
    So I am sitting down tonight and considering my options to run with. From what I understand it's mostly beginner friendly one shots to make them as accessible to all that are being produced, correct? I try offering something different than the standard games being run on a site, generally. So if I see lots of high RP games, I run tactical focused instead type of thing. If there's going to be lots of low level, beginner friendly games, I may do a higher level event for the folks who aren't into the low level ones. Am I correct in my understanding, or is there something else I should be aware of?
    The aim of the conventions is to provide as many games as possible running on Fantasy Grounds. Yes, it's nice to attract FG newbies, yes it's nice to introduce people to systems they haven't played before. But it's also nice to do a challenging adventure for some veterans - as long as you're clear in the requirements to take part in the event you can pretty much run anything you want.

Run what you want to run. The only real requirement is that the event is FG Con "convention appropriate": runs within the advertised time, is PG-13 friendly (or you make very sure everyone is aware and OK if it's not), is ran on Fantasy Grounds using the FG community TeamSpeak server (if voice is used), presents Fantasy Grounds in a good light (i.e the GM prepares and is familiar with FG to the level of automation they intend to use and uses at least the basics of FG), and is welcoming, fun and enjoyable.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah I plan on the basics of within the days of the Con, PG-13, FG, on the TS server and still being new to FG relatively, as best as I can provide with the basics. I may run with a higher level scenario then for the folks who are not into a level 1 start for a 4 hour session and done event. High level games take oodles of prep for each session, but a 1 shot is much easier to cope with than a long term campaign. In the event this ends up a scenario which due to the time consuming nature of round to round activity in a higher level scenario. Would it be against the nature of the event if I needed to make it into a 2-3 part/session event in order to complete it? Say a Friday 7-11 pm for Part 1, and Saturday 7-11 PM for Part 2 expecting the group to need time to talk strategy and ponder options which extends the timeline of my plans, so planning for that ahead of time?

You can run multi-session scenarios. This was discussed in posts in the first two pages of this very thread.

Plenty of GMs run non-level 1 scenarios - the GM should be providing pregens so the game can start immediately (and they usually make sure the background is relatively cool and links to the scenario).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks! I must have missed that. I think I armed myself with some maps while getting replies to my question, so on to premise and NPC gen. Appreciate your time in responding to my questions, thanks again!

Blog Entries
    It is harder to recruit for a multi-part game. Have a good look at when the other (similar ruleset) games are running and dont cross over two existing time slots - better to run at the same time as another game or completely different time. I hope that makes sense. I think a lot of the games are not level 1 games. Beginner friendly often means - pregens and a GM willing to assist and guide you. Really high powered games can mean that combat takes a long time to resolve - if this is what you are after you want to have only 2 combats or 2 combats and an optional middle combat if the first one goes quickly. More than that and you will run out of time.
    There are plenty of one shots on the internet or on places like rpgnow that you could convert if you are struggling for inspiration. There is also the AAW option mentioned in another thread.

Inspiration isn't my issue, never has been. I design my own stuff, I just had an idea and think it might be fun as the event leading up to Halloween. So wanted to cover my bases if I end up going overboard due to inspiration. Whether it's against the rules of the event to do a plan B, essentially. That being covered, I'm good to just create and have fun with it without a worry now. It's easier to do that armed with this info, than have to hack apart my prep later on because I did something not allowed.

Just keep in mind that the earlier you decide and post your events on the FG Con website the better chance you have of filling your event/s. Less than 3 weeks to go...

Blog Entries
    Usually at a Con with some getting to know each other and some introductory stuff for one or more newcomers
    a 2.5hr session fills out to 3.
    a 3.5hr session fills out 4.
    a 4hr session fills out to 5.

If you think you need more time than that book two sessions - and make it clear whether people are *required* to attend one or both.

There is also nothing wrong with running the start of an adventure and at cutoff time - end it right there. The players may wish to meet with you again the following week/fortnight and complete or just leave it there having enjoyed the experience. If you do this add that to the event description.

As Trenloe suggests - the earlier you post the more likely your game will fill.
    5e will fill easier than most other systems.

FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Aye, just had some personal stuff going on earlier and wasn't paying attention to any gaming stuff for about a month. So now getting back to it, just earlier today for the first time having the time to sit down and start planning anything. I've got some core things down tonight. The end of the week I should have a recruitment up at the latest. Should give me nearly 2 weeks of time to be up and advertising.

Thread Information