DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... Last

FG Con 9 - October 14th-16th, 2016

A quick announcement so that people can put it in the diaries and start thinking of what they'd like to run.

FG Con 9 will run from Friday evening 14th October (Aus and NZ) thru until late on Sunday 16th (US and Canada). That's nearly 70 hours of great games on offer for players to participate in, 70 hours for GMs to show case their latest creations and for everyone to meet new people and plan great and heroic adventures!

UPDATE: SmiteWorks have very generously agreed to upgrade full licenses to Ultimate licenses for the duration of FG Con 9. Thus allowing everyone the ability to play for free! Thanks Doug and John.

We are in the process of updating the FG Con website, graphics, etc.. So please be patient on that side as we get the infrastructure in place for bookings and advertising the con.

We're also in discussion with a number of Third Party Publishers (3PPs) who will be supporting us this convention - providing GMs with a free copy of the FG scenario/s they are running and also providing prize support for the players involved in those games. More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-(3PP)-support

Otherwise, keep an eye out for more info and announcements over the coming days and weeks!

Important Dates

Monday Aug 22nd GM Game registration opens
    Friday Sep 16th Player registration opens
    Friday Oct 7th Last date for GM submissions
    Wednesday Oct 12th Registration closes for most sessions
    Friday Oct 14 FG Con 9 begins!
    Sunday Oct 16 FG Con 9 finishes
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 7th, 2016 at 21:15. Reason: 3PP link added
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I will be running two games, thanks for the early notice
    Ultimate license

Thanks Gadreun and damned - I'll be making a return to GMing for FG Con 9 (I was in the middle of a round the world trip during FG Con 8 so didn't get involved with the gaming side). There'll definitely be the continuing Star Wars adventures of the "Fringers", and something else...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm committed to running some 5e adventure(s), just don't know what yet. I have booked off Friday so lots of time to get a few done.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to spread the Savage Worlds love around once again with possibly something else (Gumshoe, Cypher, or D&D 5e).
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

As I'm rather new to the community and have never experienced an FG Con before, what are the expectations of games being run? Are they expected to run longer or be more complex than FG Daze for example?

I got in touch with Jonathan at AAW about running something and I was also wondering about doing a marathon of Death House (don't hold me to it though). Just trying to get an idea of what types of games are going on or have gone on in the past and expectations from the organizers.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    No expectations. Its up to the GM to choose what to run. You can run a 1hour training session, a 2hr quick adventure or a 3 part 15hour blockbuster across the three days.

Yeah, you can pretty much do what you want. If players are interested they'll join. But, in general, most people are looking for a 3-5 hour session, pregens provided. So they can play a few different games at the con, rock up for each game without too much prep and then move onto the next.

And make sure you stick to your advertised time slot - players could well have booked another game immediately after your session and can't run over time, so be aware of the time during the game, move the game along, and run something that you should be able to complete, or reach a satisfactory ending, within the allocated time.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    No expectations. Its up to the GM to choose what to run. You can run a 1hour training session, a 2hr quick adventure or a 3 part 15hour blockbuster across the three days.
    Hmm, never thought about that. I might think about running one of the Legendary Games ones over two days. Has such a thing been done before - it would require the same chaps to be available over two days, or maybe afternoon and evening of the same day.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information