FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Adding Classes, Races, and Archetypes to the 5e Ruleset

I posted a similar post a few weeks ago, but I was getting a game started on FG and focused on that; also, the questions here are SLIGHTLY different, so forgive me if you saw my old post beforehand.

So I have some material from third parties that I'd like to add to the 5e rules set; or perhaps making a new rules set off the 5e core; or perhaps adding the new material in as a module? See, I have some UA articles off the Wizards website, with new archetype and racial data I'd like to add in, and I also have a 5th edition spinoff ruleset called Amethyst, easiest way to describe it in one sentence is Rifts using 5th edition rules. That isn't ENTIRELY accurate, but close enough for the moment.

So, what is the best approach to each of these things I want to do? And.. well... how do I do it? I was a professional programmer... 15+ years ago. I switched to the medical field and I'm VERY rusty, but also I don't really know FGs methods of doing anything either.

So any advice and direction on how to learn and get started would be appreciated. THANKS!

The only way I have been able to do this is by creating a separate module for 5e using Par5e.
    You can find a ton of info here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hp?27297-Par5e

Blog Entries
    As Maugrim states, the best way to do things like reference material (classes, archtypes, feats, etc) is to use Par5E.

If Amethyst is a new set of rules, i.e. you need to change the game mechanics, then you might need a ruleset. You might be able to handle it with an extension. You would really have to know what needs to change and then some of the guru's could better direct you on that.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    As Maugrim states, the best way to do things like reference material (classes, archtypes, feats, etc) is to use Par5E.

If Amethyst is a new set of rules, i.e. you need to change the game mechanics, then you might need a ruleset. You might be able to handle it with an extension. You would really have to know what needs to change and then some of the guru's could better direct you on that.

Amethyst has more rules, but not rules changes per se. It's 5e that added technology and tech based classes, but the rules didnt change. So should Par5e work?

Blog Entries
    Sounds like all you need is Par5e to add some reference modules (books). Using it you can add classes, races, items, spells, feats, etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Joining in on this because I'm trying to add an Archetype to an already existing class. I'm having trouble finding anything in PAR5E documentation or tutorials that will help with that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or do I need to just build it as a whole new class?

For specifics, I'm trying to add the Undying Light patron for the Warlock from the Unearthed Arcana: The Light, The Dark, and The Underdark.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You will need to add the Warlock in par5e as well to add new archetypes for it.
    Many thanks!

Okay... Probably a silly question, but does anyone have an outline for the proper formatting for the warlock class? I built the class module, but it looks like crap. Is there a module I can just edit to add my homebrew archetype to?

hm, starting using par5e, using it just as the tutorial said, and something isnt working right; at the top header, first entry, it says to use ##; which I do, but when I do it seems to break the parse. I remove it and it parses, but it doesn't of course look correct then.

Thread Information