DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    Hey everyone,

I am ready to convert AL modules if any help is needed. I did this already a few times with modules I am using privately - but mostly German language to be honest, so nothing to share here I guess (and btw. I would not just share them of course due to copyright and things).

So, if there is help needed, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Waldbaer
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    The One who walks the woods.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

Do many of the AL adventure authors frequent this thread? I've been using FG for quite some time (DM homebrew campaigns) and would love to work on converting a few adventures into 5e modules.

If anyone would be able to share some insight on know how I can get involved with this, please shoot me a PM.
    Last edited by Grimlore; November 22nd, 2017 at 21:42.

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlore View Post
    Do many of the AL adventure authors frequent this thread? I've been using FG for quite some time (DM homebrew campaigns) and would love to work on converting a few adventures into 5e modules.

If anyone would be able to share some insight on know how I can get involved with this, please shoot me a PM.
    I believe not - my post is quite a month old and I never heard back anything...
    The One who walks the woods.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

I have had some success by approaching individual module designers in the comments section of various products on the DM's Guilds

I am currently converting CCC-TAROT01-03 A Martyred Heart for at least my own personal use. I am trying to do things the right way. What is considered good practice for bundling spells and what to do when no battle maps are included but a crude dm map is? I do have a discussion post on the dmsguild page of the product asking if a FG conversion would be something they would be interested to have bundled with their product.
    Last edited by Lilly Fireblade; February 10th, 2019 at 06:28.
    Discord for my Games: https://discord.gg/4xD6AKu
    My Current Campaigns: Lilly's Dumpster Fire of Doom & A Lazy Sunday with Lilly
    If you want to help me out with subscriptions/mods/resources you can donate to my Paypal.me

I use Campaign Cartographer 3 for maps, but it is a little pricey and has a big learning curve. But it makes really great maps. I did quite a few AL conversions, lost most of them when my hard drive went. If I get some time, I'll get that module and help out with maps. Been crazy lately, but I want to get back in the swing.
    Ultimate license
    Current Timezone : EDT (GMT -4)
    Running: Various Adventurers League modules
    Playing: Curse of Strahd (Friday nights- OTG), Storm Kings Thunder (Thursday Nights- OTG)
    STEAM: (OTG) Teufelhunde87
    AL DCI: 4115443776

The only map included is a pretty much a sketch for DM's use if there is a dry erase board or something handy to quickly draw a map for your players' headspace. it is something that is drawn within a couple mins using the pointer/drawing tools in FG. I wont turn down help though
    If you want to help me out with subscriptions/mods/resources you can donate to my Paypal.me

Blog Entries
    I have that module and, in general, the maps for that series are rudimentary.

If you can easily use a clone tool in gimp or photoshop to remove any numbers or the key, then you can use it as a play aid. Otherwise the DM will be using theatre of the mind to run the encounters.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

What would be best practice for sections that have no maps whatsoever? Should I make maps from scratch and include it with the conversions? Should I make the maps from scratch and offer them as a separate entry on Dmsguild? (as in "Map pack for CCC-TAROT01-03 A Martyred Heart"). Or should I try my best to contact the author and see what they want?

I have a question for the converting community. I am currently converting CCC-KUMORI-02-04 To Be the Very Best features a different way to handle combat and features npc effects that I am having trouble coding into fantasy grounds, is it better to have the fights that feature said feature be set up as theater of the mind or should I do everything possible to shoehorn in everything?

Thread Information