5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    It does seem to prevent the generate button from appearing for some reason. I'm afraid my campaign is ending Monday, and I don't have the time or interest to fix this right now. Someone else will have to. Sorry.

Any chance of getting this updated for 3.2.2?

Hopefully 3.3.2

Yes, that’s what I meant, stupid phone keyboards

I'm sad to see this one die, I have a Saturday night game I DM that has wildly fluctuating members. This EXT was great for changing the CR on the fly.

Are deadly and super deadly backwards? Super deadly shows up at 1500, and deadly at 1600.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacksquatch View Post
    Are deadly and super deadly backwards? Super deadly shows up at 1500, and deadly at 1600.
    I'm not able to reproduce this. How many people are in your party, what levels are they, and what encounters are you making?

There were 4 level 3s. Now that there are 3 level 4s, and 1 level 3. It's righted itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudly View Post
    MODERATOR: Now includes updated v3.2.0 compatible version.

I updated hereander's extension.

How it works:
    Put the attachment in your fantasy ground's extensions folder. On my computer that is:

C:\Users\Fudly\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\extensions

Activate the extension for your campaign
    Attachment 14688

Choose whether you want to get party levels from the combat tracker or the party sheet.
    Attachment 14685

To use this, as you're creating a new encounter, click the refresh button to update the XP total, and then press "Encounter Difficulty" to output the difficulty of the encounter to chat.
    Attachment 14686

This is a little different from hereander's. I don't know which formula he was using to calculate difficulty. We calculate it the DMG way now. Also, I added a "super deadly" category which is another difficulty level harder than deadly.
    With my vet players, most of my encounters are in "super-deadly" unfortunately! Is there a way to adjust the multipliers for number of foes? I find those bloat out the encounter strength far more than they should.

Also, is there any way to just tell it to use some offset from my PCs level, like +1, +2 etc? I find that's quite a quick way to ratchet the difficulties up from the 5e baseline of "new player friendly".

Thread Information