FG Spreadshirt Swag

Help finding Targets

I would like to have enable my players to add effects from their character sheet to their target in the Combat Tracker.

I have it working for the drag, for the button push I get a output message error to the chat window that states: "[ERROR] Effect dropped on target which is not listed in the combat tracker"

That was a positive step forward for me, at least I know the hitch is finding the target in the CT. I have never tried finding CT target nodes.

Here's where I am currently in my attempt to locate the CT target node.

local nodeCTChar = ActorManager.getCTNodeName(rActor);
    local rTarget = DB.getValue(nodeCTChar, ".targets.noderef", "");

I can see in my database that the node should be combattracker, unique id for the pc in the CT, targets, noderef.

Just not sure how to get to the correct CT node.

Any help?

For which ruleset are you talking about?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This means that the targets that the PC tokens have specified on the map point to tokens which are not linked to the combat tracker. Make sure that you only drag tokens from the combat tracker onto the map, or the tokens will not be linked to the combat tracker entries for combat tracking.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks. It could be I need to drop the tokens back onto the map. Like when targeting is lost. I will try that. They have been sitting there across several restarts and testing sessions.

Paul, I don't know what ruleset you are using but if it is a CORE based one then you need to proceed as follows to make sure everything works.

Drag the PCs from the portrait or from the PCs dialog (big button on the top right) onto the Combat Tracker.
    Drag the PCs from the Combat Tracker onto the map.
    Drag NPCs from the NPCs dialog onto the Combat Tracker
    Drag NPCs from CT to Map
    NPCs can also be place on the CT and map at the same time if you set them up as encounters.

Once all PCs and NPCs are correctly on the map as described then you target by holding down CTRL and clicking on the target. The PCs can now place effects on the target either by drag/dropping or, if they are set up properly by clicking on the effects button. An effect will only be placed on a target in this way if the targeting is set to targets.

Is this answering your question becasue I'm not sure exactly what your problem is?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey Zacchaeus - Paul Pratts issue is a coding/programming one
    Well I wasn't terribly sure; I thought he was maybe trying to solve a problem by using code when there was an easier solution

Zacchaeus,
    It was a coding question. I am working on the Dark Heresy rule set to add some features. Trying to find a ct target node. Never tried to call to one before. All good was I relinked the ct and map.

Thread Information