DICE PACKS BUNDLE

DOE Base and Advanced Bestiary are not compatible

When starting up a campaign and trying to load both DOE Base and Advanced Bestiary extensions, you will end up with no shortcuts along the right side of the screen. Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but I thought I would report it so the owners of these two can take a look and see if they CAN be made compatible.

Also, when loading just those two extensions into a new campaign, and nothing else, I got the following error:

Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file DOE Organisations Manual:common.xml - Error on line 401: Error reading Attributes.
    Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsDesktopManager.lua"]:252: attempt to compare number with string

Very much a known issue (its been mentioned at least once in one of the threads), which resides in the Advanced Bestiary Extension. I've approached that Extension's Author to see about getting the two Extensions to work together, but its been several months since this first came up and the other Author hasn't gotten back to me at all, even though I located the particular piece of code causing the problem and informed him of it and of the solution.

So for the time being we're stuck with it.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hello,

Where I can find the Advanced Bestiary extension ?

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasmira View Post
    Hello,

S.
    From the FG Store, I think - its not one of mine, so I'm not sure
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by Sasmira View Post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...cp?id=GRR2901e
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Very much a known issue (its been mentioned at least once in one of the threads), which resides in the Advanced Bestiary Extension. I've approached that Extension's Author to see about getting the two Extensions to work together, but its been several months since this first came up and the other Author hasn't gotten back to me at all, even though I located the particular piece of code causing the problem and informed him of it and of the solution.

So for the time being we're stuck with it.
    So, from the perspective of an outsider / noob to FG -- isn't there some sort of "statute of limitations" where the problem has been identified and resolved but the original author has quite possibly moved on from FG or is otherwise out of contact so "ownership" of the project is handed to someone else? I mean... if it's just a quick fix you've already done, why can't that be submitted and approved?

Because I can bet if it were a 5E project and it was breaking people's stuff they paid money for, the project would be reassigned to an active author PDQ.

Only informally, nothing in writing as such, just a general "understanding" between the Community Devs.

The trouble with this one is that the original author of the other extension is very much active and part of the whole FG-scene, which was why I sent him the "fix" for the code when it was first identified. Unfortunately he hasn't gotten it sorted yet - and its not my place to badger him (or to badger anyone else for that matter). And it is a money making concern, because its available from the FG-Store - I don't know how many copies are sold every month.

So its out of my hands - which I find somewhat frustrating, but that's life.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thread Information