STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    How many other GMs are using sound / music background or other stuff to enhance there games and have they found it worth it. I found without the music now it all feels a little empty and quiet.
    Yep, use background music/soundscapes and effects all the time. Sometimes Syrinscape, sometimes other RPG related tracks (such as those from Plate Mail Games, Darkraven Soundscapes or Battle Bards), sometimes computer game or movie soundtracks - whatever matches the game best. If I'm playing and the GM isn't using background effects/music then I play some to myself as I, like you, now find it too empty/quiet without.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    How many other GMs are using sound / music background or other stuff to enhance there games and have they found it worth it. I found without the music now it all feels a little empty and quiet.
    Yup, as a GM, music and sound effects totally help light up the imaginations of the players, I find.
    Couple it with handouts, or pics of a certain scene with the NPCs in it before a battle, and it helps even more to kickstart things!

Just started playing with a bunch of my 90s high school pals(D&D1E) and found Syrinscape a few months back, and loaded it on my tablet.
    Besides awesome mood setting sword clashes or weather effects, the hilarious sound of the failure Wa-wa-wa-wahhhh elicits many laughs!

When GMing I grabbed a bunch of movie/CRPG games' OSTs and found the old Midnight Syndicate ambient music from 3.0ish days.

PS: need to update the playlist to #17.
    Last edited by Majyk; November 10th, 2016 at 08:20. Reason: Play

Limited Internet at the moment as i moved house so we are on break. However will as update as soon as I get the chance, also our streamer missed a game or two, which is a shame hope to sort all this out when i am back online.

So watch this space the team that resembles The stooges or Marx Brothers more so then Oceans 11, will be back in Early December.
    Last edited by Ardem; November 15th, 2016 at 02:19.

OK we are back moving ahead again was good to get into the swing again, having a few weeks off was great but the guys was missing the game as I was in the end. We now have 8 players, it be interesting how this is handled going forward. Prep Prep and more Prep

Thread Information