5E Character Create Playlist
Page 22 of 61 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last

When mucking around in the VtM ruleset, which thanks to damned is working again (you're the man), I noticed something that probably isn't a bug, but something of an issue - for me at least. This doesn't pertain to VtM exclusively. I have tested and found that this is true for CoreRPG as well, and so probably everything built on it.

"The image frame now have a set minimum width".

This obviously came with the "ID function", which is a great idea honestly. But it does present a problem with any image which has a width which is "lower" than the hard coded one. Namely that images get enlarged and "stretched", making them look bad. Now. I get that FG is mostly for D&D players whom uses images for maps, which tends to be bigger than the set size. But over time I've literally made hundreds of images of npc's for various WoD games, and they are all slightly smaller than the current minimum width. And honestly it looks not good now.

I dunno if the min. width can be removed with the current setup, but a smaller min. width overall would be appreciated. Looking at my images and the names I give things, I'd say that the images could have a min. width half of what they are now and still see both titles in the top easily. Can't say if others use very long titles, so that might be an issue.

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    When mucking around in the VtM ruleset, which thanks to damned is working again (you're the man), I noticed something that probably isn't a bug, but something of an issue - for me at least. This doesn't pertain to VtM exclusively. I have tested and found that this is true for CoreRPG as well, and so probably everything built on it.

"The image frame now have a set minimum width".

This obviously came with the "ID function", which is a great idea honestly. But it does present a problem with any image which has a width which is "lower" than the hard coded one. Namely that images get enlarged and "stretched", making them look bad. Now. I get that FG is mostly for D&D players whom uses images for maps, which tends to be bigger than the set size. But over time I've literally made hundreds of images of npc's for various WoD games, and they are all slightly smaller than the current minimum width. And honestly it looks not good now.

I dunno if the min. width can be removed with the current setup, but a smaller min. width overall would be appreciated. Looking at my images and the names I give things, I'd say that the images could have a min. width half of what they are now and still see both titles in the top easily. Can't say if others use very long titles, so that might be an issue.

Vires Animi
    Yeap, its a problem for me as well, having images resize "up" is a PITA. Removing/modifying the minimum image width would be a real bonus, please.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Is there any reason you cannot use the merge rule to set your own minimum width?

Code:
    	<windowclass name="imagewindow" merge="join">
    		<frame>imagebox</frame>
    		<sizelimits>
    			<minimum>
    				<height>100</height>
    				<width>100</width>
    			</minimum>
    			<dynamic />
    		</sizelimits>
    	</windowclass>

Probably not. But since I had no idea where to look... I will try your example. But I would honestly prefer that it was fixed in Core so I don't have to change every ruleset that I use!

Vires Animi

EDIT: Where should I put that code? I can't seem to figure out the right place. *blush*
    Last edited by viresanimi; July 24th, 2016 at 06:47.

Blog Entries
    It IS fixed in Core. Core sets it to a minimum width to support the naming of the image. Its just not fixed according to how you would like to see it...

I will test it in an extension and let you know.

Blog Entries
    Seems like the best solution would be for the image to auto scale up to minimum size. The minimum is obviously an issue related to all the new graphics at the top of images...
    Actually... the image box doesn't necessarily need to have the same width as that graphic structure.. if the image were narrower than the graphics it 'could' just exist with the box at the top floating over it, assuming the graphics were constructed in such a way that it looked right to do so. It would mean that small images would still be somewhat larger in terms of screen space... but they wouldn't necessarily need to be 'scaled up'.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Seems like the best solution would be for the image to auto scale up to minimum size.
    If you mean the image should scale up to the frame's minimum size, that is exactly what is happening. That IS the issue, for images that is smaller than the frame. Early impression of using the extension that damned has made, it doesn't matter to me, that the fields for the names can be cropped. And since players only has one whereas the master has two. I don't see much of an issue with removing the minimum width.

@damned
    The auto scale to original size isn't working, but you know what. I will take it! Now I guess I will have to get to work and actually start working on adventures for my players, as I don't have any excuses of "oh guys... the ruleset isn't working anymore". he he he.

Have an internet-beer on me!

Vires Animi

In CoreRPG, Ctrl+Enter (Story for GM, Act for players) for chat doesn't send the chat message. Alt+Enter works fine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    If you mean the image should scale up to the frame's minimum size, that is exactly what is happening. That IS the issue, for images that is smaller than the frame. Early impression of using the extension that damned has made, it doesn't matter to me, that the fields for the names can be cropped. And since players only has one whereas the master has two. I don't see much of an issue with removing the minimum width.

@damned
    The auto scale to original size isn't working, but you know what. I will take it! Now I guess I will have to get to work and actually start working on adventures for my players, as I don't have any excuses of "oh guys... the ruleset isn't working anymore". he he he.

Have an internet-beer on me!
    It does work. If you have already opened a smaller image it seems to have saved its resized settings within FG. In the FG Images view right click on the image and delete and then click out of the Images window and back in and then reopen your image.

Thread Information