5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... Last

Test Release v3.2.0

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

We're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
    JPG

Feature and Bug Fix Updates

• [UPDATER] Greatly decreased time necessary to update after initial update.
    • Added session backup of campaign database XML, triggered once per day.
    • [CoreRPG+] Manual dice roll option added as per client toggle.
    • [CoreRPG+] Access to all standard campaign record types added to library.
    • [CoreRPG+] Sidebar campaign record buttons can be turned on/off in Library.
    • [CoreRPG+] Campaign lists in sidebar upgraded to some module data as well as campaign data with a filter to display subset by category.
    • [CoreRPG+] Automatic adjustment of sidebar layout based on number of buttons.
    • [CoreRPG+] Radial menu option added to entries in Character Selection window on GM side to take ownership in order to hide from PC view.
    • [CoreRPG+] Radial menu option added to PC desktop portraits to start a whisper.
    • [CoreRPG+] Support currency prefixes when selling items from the party sheet. (such as $)
    • [CoreRPG+] Punctuation will be displayed even when scrambling text via the language feature.
    • [CoreRPG+] Name and load filters added to module activation window.
    • [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC] Attack roll comparisons versus armor class will show the adjusted total at the beginning of the resolution message.
    • [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Increased maximum of PC ammo field on weapons to 100, up from 50.
    • [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] The ability used for all standard skills can be changed.
    • [5E] Misc action group DC modifier added to PC actions tab group details. (i.e. Robe of the Magi DC boost)
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] For NPCs, Invisible effect added for natural invisibility quality, and CONC effect added for blur quality.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Added targeting support for CLC effects.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] All trained-only skill rolls made by untrained PCs will be tagged.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Party sheet skill rolls will be made, even when PC is untrained in a trained-only skill.
    • [PFRPG] Adjusted parsing of elemental creatures to apply all elemental traits where elemental is noted as creature type or subtype.
    • [CoC/CnC] Added text labels to sidebar buttons.
    • [CoC] Language skills are now considered when using the language feature, including partial understanding when less than 50% skill.
    • Client would close unexpectedly if attempting to Manage Characters for a campaign using a ruleset which was not locally installed. Fixed.
    • [CoreRPG+] Unable to add items to parcel records in modules. Fixed.
    • [CoreRPG+] Some rolls ignored when dropped on chat window and current targeting option disabled. Fixed.
    • [CoreRPG+] Combat tracker and roll targeting was not being updated when using region-based targeting on maps. Fixed.
    • [5E] Dragging class link from PC class details page would create empty class, if original module linked not opened. Fixed to use any matching 5E module.
    • [5E] Parsing of certain NPC spells with multi-word spell names was not correct. Fixed.
    • [5E] Death save granting critical success when save result was greater or equal to 20, not only when rolling a natural 20. Fixed.
    • [5E] Equipment packs added by players did not reflect correct quantities in GM database. Fixed.
    • [5E] Effects marked as GM visible only in campaign effects list were being displayed to players when applied. Fixed.
    • [5E] Certain extra damage phrases (such as salamander Spear attack) would roll extra damage incorrectly. Fixed.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Effect modifiers not displayed for initiative checks. Fixed.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] CLC effect modifiers not calculating correctly. Fixed.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Implicit damage type for NPCs wielding short swords was slashing, instead of piercing. Fixed.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Dagger damage type was listed as only piercing, changed to slashing and piercing.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Spells with healing/damage rolls that used an even CL modifier with a maximum limit incorrectly calculated those rolls with a +1 modifier at level 1. Fixed.
    • [PFRPG/3.5E] Incorporeal adjustments applied when incorporeal creature attacking corporeal creature with attacks not specified as incorporeal touch. Fixed.
    • [CoC] Some trait rolls would get the incorrect actor information. Fixed.
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; June 7th, 2016 at 21:31.

Developer Updates

• [DEV][CoreRPG+] The language feature has been enhanced to support partial understanding of text using the language feature on a percentage basis. Each unique word in the text is tested on each usage.
    • [DEV] chatentry: Added hasFocus and setFocus functions
    • [DEV] DB/databasenode: Added onChildCategoriesChange and onCategoryChange events, Added setCategory, getChildCategories, updateChildCategory, addChildCategory, and removeChildCategory functions
    • [DEV] numbercontrol: Added onChar and onEnter events
    • [DEV] scrollbarcontrol: Added normal.minimum.height tag
    • [DEV] stringcontrol: Added setEmptyText function
    • [DEV] windowlist: Updated setDatabaseNode function and datasource tags to support multiple data sources.
    • [DEV] windowinstance: setPosition function supports negative values for right/bottom offset
    • [DEV] The callbacks for token instance onTargetUpdate and onTargetedUpdate events were not being triggered when performing region-based targeting. Fixed.
    • [DEV] DB.setOwner did not work correctly when specifying an owner by name, unless the owner was already a holder. Fixed.
    • [DEV] DB.getPath and databasenode.getPath did not work correctly when module name specified as part of string parameter, only when databasenode specified that belonged to module. Fixed.
    • [DEV] DB.setPublic would always set the specified node to public, regardless of second parameter. Fixed.

Ruleset File Changes

CoreRPG
    • base.xml, gameelements.xml
    • campaign = campaign_chars.xml, campaign_encounters.xml, campaign_images.xml, campaign_items.xml, campaign_notes.xml, campaign_npcs.xml, campaign_parcels.xml, campaign_quests.xml, campaign_story.xml, campaign_tables.xml, record_table.xml, scripts/campaign_button_new.lua, scripts/campaign_list_record.lua, scripts/charselect_host_entry.lua, scripts/imagewindow.lua, scripts/item.lua, template_campaign.xml
    • common = template_records.xml, template_windows.xml
    • ct = ct_host.xml, scripts/ct_token.lua
    • desktop = desktop_classes.xml, desktop_panels.xml, scripts/characterlist_entry.lua, scripts/chat_window.lua, scripts/desktop.lua, scripts/manager_chat.lua, scripts/manager_desktop.lua, template_desktop.xml
    • graphics = graphics_frames.xml, graphics_icons.xml
    • ps = scripts/manager_ps_loot.lua
    • scripts = data_option_core.lua, manager_actions.lua, manager_campaigndata.lua, manager_export.lua, manager_item.lua, manager_language.lua, manager_string.lua, manager_utility.lua, manager_version.lua
    • strings = strings_campaign.xml, strings_common.xml, strings_utility.xml
    • utility = scripts/module_selectionentry.lua, template_utility.xml, utility_calendar.xml, utility_calendar_log.xml, utility_effects.xml, utility_export.xml, utility_library.xml, utility_misc.xml, utility_modifiers.xml, utility_modules.xml, utility_options.xml

3.5E
    • base.xml
    • campaign = record_char_actions.xml, record_char_skills.xml, scripts/char_skill.lua
    • desktop = scripts/desktop.lua
    • ps = scripts/ps_roll_skill.lua
    • scripts = data_common.lua, manager_actor2.lua, manager_action_attack.lua, manager_action_damage.lua, manager_action_init.lua, manager_action_skill.lua, manager_action_spell.lua, manager_actor2.lua, manager_combat2.lua, manager_spell.lua, manager_version2.lua
    • strings = strings_35e.xml
    • utility = template_utility.xml

4E
    • base.xml
    • campaign = campaign.xml, record_char_combat.xml, scripts/char_skill.lua, scripts/char_skilllist.lua
    • common = template_windows.xml
    • scripts = data_desktop_4E.lua, manager_action_attack.lua, manager_actor2.lua
    • strings = strings_4e.xml

5E
    • base.xml
    • campaign = record_char_logs.xml, record_char_main.xml, record_char_skills.xml, record_char_weapon.xml, record_power.xml, scripts/char_abilities.lua, scripts/char_skill.lua, scripts/char_skilllist.lua, scripts/manager_char.lua, scripts/power_page.lua, template_campaign.xml
    • desktop = desktop_classes.xml, scripts/desktop.lua
    • graphics = graphics_buttons.xml, graphics_frames.xml, graphics_icons.xml
    • scripts = data_spell.lua, manager_action_attack.lua, manager_action_damage.lua, manager_action_effect.lua, manager_power.lua
    • strings = strings_5e.xml
    • utility = template_utility.xml

CallOfCthulhu
    • base.xml
    • campaign = record_char_main.xml, scripts/char_skill.lua, template_campaign.xml
    • scripts = manager_campaigndata2.lua, manager_era.lua

Castles and Crusades
    • base.xml
    • campaign = campaign.xml
    • scripts = manager_action_attack.lua, manager_actor2.lua
    • strings = strings_cnc.xml

FATE Core
    • base.xml
    • graphics = graphics_frames.xml
    • scripts = fate_chat.lua

Numenera
    • base.xml

PFRPG
    • base.xml
    • scripts = data_common.lua
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; June 7th, 2016 at 21:34.

After updating to 3.2.0:

Vampire the Masquerade ruleset cannot load. I get the following message:

Ruleset: VtM
    Error: Unable to leas ruleset file (campaign/campaign_story.xml)

Vires Animi

Nice work as always Moon.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Here's another shameless plug/request to get the DCPlus (CL/2) functionality rolled into the 3.5/PFRPG ruleset.

Another couple of things:

The first is a bug. In CoreRPG: If you mouse over the text field of an entry in the story segment and accidently drag (as in you want to move the window), you get the following:
    Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/masterindexitem_name.lua"]:20: attempt to call field 'onDragStart' (a nil value)

Secondly, is somewhat of a little nuissance: If you create a template of in the story tab, and drag and drop the link, so you get a copy, the copy defaults its location to the "none" tab instead of the tab it was suppose to be cloned in. So every time you would need to relocate it to the proper place. That seems like an oversight, which hopefully will be fixed.

Also: Can we have the drop down menu for the groups open up, by clicking on the name? The button is very small!

All in all there are a lot of nice things in this. I really love the ability to turn buttons on / off, depending on what the campaign needs. Love it!

Vires Animi

I have a 5e module of a few different story entries that I created by exporting the module from the campaign. It worked for my players in the previous version, but not fully in this version. When my player loads the module, while connected to my server (I have given the green checkmark to this module so they can load it on their end), then looks at their story entries they are all titled "<< New Story >>" instead of having their actual titles. On my screen, as the GM, when I load the module I see the actual titles.

Another issue (I guess?) is that the manual dice rolling doesn't seem to work if I type in 1 die. In other words:

/die 1d20

Will not work, it just puts a result of 0 in the chat window and nothing in the manual dice roller window.

I'm not sure what the best design decision is with regard to the Group dropdowns, but I've already noticed that when there are an exceptionally large number of entries, for instance when multiple adventure modules are loaded at one time and you click the "Items" campaign record button, the program will slow to a crawl and appear frozen for a while when the group is set to "All", which is the default. As a result, when I first clicked on Items, it seemed like the program had crashed for a while, but eventually I was able to click the group and select a different one. Once the "All" group was no longer selected, the program started working just fine again. So my suggestion is that maybe All shouldn't be the default, just in case someone has a lot of modules loaded? Or alternatively, perhaps even better, is the code could do a quick check on how many items would be loaded and then give a warning if it is over some certain amount, and say it's reverting to the first group in the list and that All is not available as long as so many modules are loaded? I don't know, but it's just an idea.

Of course, maybe this is just me misusing the software by loading more modules than I'm supposed to? If that's the case, I guess I'll just try to modify the way I use the software and rather than loading all these modules at once and operating directly from them, rather maybe I need to just create copies of the pieces I want to use into the campaign record and then unload the module?

For the record, I had the following modules loaded:

D&D Out of the Abyss
    DD Hoard of the Dragon Queen
    DD Lost Mine of Phandelver
    DD The Rise of Tiamat
    D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Campaign Guide
    D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Player's Guide
    DD Dungeon Master's Guide
    DD PHB Deluxe
    DD5E SRD Bestiary

Thread Information