STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Blog Entries
    Putting it in your sig and the main thread are the first steps.
    Give it 24 hours and if you are not getting any interest then reply on some of the new players who are LFG in the last 2 weeks.

Advice on FG? Dont over complicate it. Run teh story and dont sweat on the bells and whistles.
    PM all your players and ask them for their email addresses. Communicate with them prior to game day and confirm their attendance.
    Let them know you are new to GMing and to be patient.
    Start on time and finish on time or early. If you are not sure you will finish on time (now) extend the time in the post.
    Expect to spend up to 30mins showing new players around and how to roll stuff on char sheet and make attacks.
    No more than 3 encounters for 3 hour session and 4 encounters for 4.5hrs. If you are in the second last encounter and you can see time running short reduce the NPCs HP (or HD/AC) so the fight finishes quicker.

Enjoy your self.

Blog Entries
    And above all....just have fun. Thanks for running a game!
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    And above all....just have fun. Thanks for running a game!
    You will need a break from all the fun going on at your place that weekend. Lock yourself away in a quiet corner and roll some dice with friends.
    Dont worry about what all your family will think... they always knew you were different to them

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You will need a break from all the fun going on at your place that weekend. Lock yourself away in a quiet corner and roll some dice with friends.
    Dont worry about what all your family will think... they always knew you were different to them
    Haha, the rest of my family will not be at home that day. But they are not so different - they usually end up as the guinea pigs in all my game-mastering experiments!

Thanks for all the advice!

Blog Entries
    Do we have a scheduled date for the next FGCon? October sometime?
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    October sometime?
    Yep.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh really? Is this a regular rotation thing that is like your FG-Daze event going on this Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by DM|Mag View Post
    Oh really? Is this a regular rotation thing that is like your FG-Daze event going on this Saturday?
    Yes, a twice-per year Con and a twice per year mini-con (Daze). The community's effort to be welcoming, help new players get in games, and broaden the array of games offered.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Blog Entries
    The Con is generally a much bigger deal than the FGDaze event. There are usually like 50+ games being run over 3 days.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

A long weekend (72 hours), Twice a year, April and October. More info here: https://www.fg-con.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information