5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Published adventures and their images

Is it possible to go into the published D&D FG adventures such as Curse of Strahd and the others , so that I can actually flip the maps and images upside down?

I am asking this because of my set up where I use FG, I use a 40" tv screen for my maps and images at my game table (it is a portable set up) that I bring to conventions and stores too. So everyone would be viewing my screen upside down instead of normal (my view). It is not as simple as turning my screen around either... to difficult to try and manipulate the mouse and such if I did.

Thank you!

Short answer is no. You would have to run the maps through something like GIMP or paint and flip them and then put them back into FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

And the only way to get the maps (unless you source them from outside of FG - like from the cartographer's website) is to screen grab them when they are open in FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I wish there was a way to just flip the images. I can understand the need to protect the images for copyright and such... but it would be nice to have the option to be able to do it. Like most imaging softeware in the internet. Short of trying to find alternative images on the internet and flipping those images it kind of defeats the purpose.

There may be more imaging techniques available eventually in the Unity version of the software however even then I doubt that there would be a need to include something which flips an image within Fantasy Grounds. given that almost 100% of users would have no use for it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There may be more imaging techniques available eventually in the Unity version of the software however even then I doubt that there would be a need to include something which flips an image within Fantasy Grounds. given that almost 100% of users would have no use for it.
    You are probably right in that not many have need of it. But when there is a need for it.. it is a very good one for that user. Especially when it is such a simple implementation to do for most imaging software, so one would ask why it would not just be added in? Some simple uses for it would be flipping a map so that north is pointing up, as lets face it, it is not always pointing up. Another use would be for puzzles that rely on visualizing the image and having to flip it about or something.

I honestly know it is not a powerful need to have it implemented though BUT it should not be to terribly difficult to do so though either, because lets face it.. it should be ALOT easier to do then resizing the actual image, and that is included in FG.

Not to mention, more and more people are starting to do what I am doing for a gaming set-up. So eventually there is going to be more need for something like this to happen.
    Attachment 14164
    Attachment 14165

Blog Entries
    Hey Nikmal - this is the place to add to the wishlist. https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

I cant see your links - possibly you cant post them till you have a few more posts.

Im having trouble visualising exactly what is happening.
    Is your screen lying flat?
    One way to do it for now might be to make that a player only screen - set the localhost instance on it and you juggle the windows on your single screen.
    I know its not what you want but it might be sufficient to get you thru just now?

Blog Entries
    Ahhh - I just saw your photos in another post.
    It looks like no matter which way you position the screen its going to be upside down for 1/4 of the table (potentially you) and sideways for 1/2 of the table?

I mostly want to point them in the general direction of the table. Even if it is sideways. Or even have the ability to orient it to the side for the relevant player that has need of it. (it does not matter if it is upside down for me).
    Last edited by Nikmal; May 25th, 2016 at 15:36.

Thread Information