STAR TREK 2d20

Problem with the ability scores modifiers

Hi!

I'm currently preparing the Scales of War campaign for my players and I'm getting quite frustrated with this problem. I'm totally new to FG, so please, tell me whether I'm doing something wrong here.

I'm making the npc's sheets for the first encounter (bar fight) and in two of the three sheets the modifiers do not correspond to the ability scores. It's been quite a long time since I last played D&D, so I may be forgetting something, but on the campaign guide they appear as they should while in the game they get changed...

Case 1 (first screenshot): Goblin Blackblade
    Str 14 (+2) Dex 17 (+3) Wis 12 (+1)
    Con 13 (+1) Int 8 (-1) Cha 8 (-1)

Everything correct here. The modifiers correspond to the values of the ability scores.

Case 2 (second screenshot): Hobgoblin Grunt
    Here it begins...
    Str 18 (+5) Dex 14 (+3) Wis 13 (+2)
    Con 15 (+3) Int 10 (+1) Cha 9 (+0)

Case 3 (third screenshot): Human Rabble
    Str 14 (+3) Dex 10 (+1) Wis 10 (+1)
    Con 12 (+2) Int 9 (+0) Cha 11 (+1)

In both case 2 and 3 all the modifiers did get a +1 of their supposed values while case 1 is fully OK.
    The problem is that the modifiers are apparently set up automatically according to the given ability score so I can't change them manually (at least I don't know how). Does anyone know why this happens? Can anyone give me a solution?

Thanks in advance,
    Einheri

4E adds half the NPC level (rounded down) to ability checks.

If you check the rest of the NPCs in Rescue at Rivenroar they are correct, it is just these first 3 in the "Bar Fight!" section that aren't correct in Dungeon itself. FG is doing the correct calculation.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I totally forgot about that, it's been years since I last played D&D. I didn't even think it had something to do with the level as the changes applied after closing and opening their sheets again. Thanks for the info!

Blog Entries
    Move to 5e - its much simpler

I thought you were being paid to move people to Savage Worlds damned?

He must have realized I'm a lost cause I'll give 5E a shot in the near future, but having invested quite a nice amount (for the teenager I was) in the handbooks of the 4E, I wanted to play at least the first campaign on it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    I thought you were being paid to move people to Savage Worlds damned?
    I love the settings available for Savage Worlds and the Savage GMs here on Fantasy Grounds run some awesome stuff on really varied genres and settings but I have no particular love for SW.
    I have run Castles&Crusades, Maelstrom, Call of Cthulhu, Trail of Cthulhu and Dungeon World. No Savage Worlds as yet.

But if someone was paying me....

Thread Information