5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Borderless tokens...?

Attempting to make some custom tokens for our games, I have made what I wanted but they still have the default gold border as seen in my screenshot:
    Attachment 14153

Blog Entries
    Hey ausmara welcome!
    Every ruleset does apply a border to the tokens. You could modify this behaviour with an extension to replace the portrait*.png files with blank/transparent png files.

To clarify - FG auto creates a token from the portrait added to a PC. It is this process that adds the border.

If you then manually add a token from the token bag, this token will be used as is - FG will not add a border to a token.

So, if you don't want a border (i.e. you token file used as is) then put them in the token directories: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ding_Locations and use them from there.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ohh I see, I only have the Core class pack at the moment so my options when starting the program are PC+Library, no token option, just the auto created from player portrait.

You always have token options. Click on the token button in the bottom right corner of the desktop... you may need to open some token modules, or load up some of your custom tokens.

Read through the page on tokens I linked above, Lots more info on what you can do with them there.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Will take a look once I get home. Are token options supposed to be available when managing a character? Because when I manage characters I only have PC and Library. When I do campaign I have token options. And tokens appear 'as is'

And reading what you posted, looks like tokens only show in campaign! Reading is fun!

Yeah, tokens are a GM resource and so are accessible in a campaign, not manage characters (which is player functionality). You'll notice you can set the portrait for a PC in manage characters, but not the token.

Hi, Is there a way to remove the token shadow? I'd like to hide map features from players using a blank token (cause I don't know a better way to do it and masking don't fit the situation)

Attachment 18181
    Attachment 18182

Why not make the token hidden in FG? Right-click the token, choose the northwest option 'Visibility' and then the west option 'Set Always Invisible'.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Those maps that cross over each other are always going to be a pain in the *** in a VTT medium.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information