Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: Which style of tokens do you like for D&D monsters in the current version of FG?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Current MM style round pogs made from monster artwork

24 40.68%
  • Cropped profiles made from images in square format

16 27.12%
  • Profile view of 3D mini (in 2D)

3 5.08%
  • Top-down view of 3D mini (in 2D)

22 37.29%
  • Full body image from MM shrunk to fit in dimensions based on monster size.

6 10.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Token Discussions - what style do you prefer

I have started a post on Facebook to discuss a few different options for tokens. There are even a couple threads floating around here where you can make your own tokens, but I'm mostly looking to find what sort of tokens people would prefer to see in the store to buy as packs. With our license with D&D, there are a few different possible options we are exploring and discussing with WotC. For instance, there are a lot of images of monsters from several different editions and even a Monster Vault product where monster images were created in pog format for use at the table. In addition, there are actual minis from more than a dozen different sets that exist. For those, there are gallery pictures available for many of them. I also own a large collection of these minis in physical form and I played around with taking a top-down photo and then cutting away the background. The results are interesting but I'm not sure if they would meet the demands and standards for people for a paid product. On top of that, WotC owns all the images and likeness of their stuff, so they would have to approve. In some cases, they may not even own those if they outsourced the production. Lot's to discuss.

Either way, let me know what you think. The pit fiend is the work of our very own Carl Pinder who extruded it onto a 2D plane and rendered it in 3D. This wouldn't work for the current version of Fantasy Grounds but we want to look ahead as well.

I lean towards cropped pogs, personally - but I think that top-down "3d" figures could be cool, too. If FG does become a 3D environment, I like the idea of tokens that you'd actually see on a table.... and maybe some stuff you wouldn't be able to do on a table.

I use cropped round tokens akin to d&d pogs with a tri-stripe along the edges. A single white stripe denoting facing.

No option for round though.

The option to pan to top down view and switch to a 2d graphics mode would be nice. Not everyone has the time to prepare 3d environs.

I believe there was an android app called virtual tabletop that had a good illustration of this.

Blog Entries
    Here are some from the gallery images converted into 2.5D stand-ups. We might be able to do full 3D scans as well. I say that we might be able to do that "technically" but we haven't yet determined if we will be able to do that "contractually".

Blog Entries
    The last batch is from TabletopConnect, which is a style we are still working to support in the Unity version of FG.

Absolutely top down 3d images; POGS are horrible. And looking ahead POGS would be even more horrible in a 3D environment.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I like the first style - square profiles. I don't care for the top down perspective for PC's or NPC's. When FG goes 3D then obviously this discussion changes to 3d models.

Blog Entries
    I prefer the pogs or the square portraits. Sorry Z!

I made my own custom tokens that are taken from high quality internet art and made square. I have around 500 tokens in total and another 200 or so that I use for random NPCs and allow players to use as their own tokens. As a player, I'm okay with any of them, but the square token with sexy artwork is my favorite. If anyone is interested, I'll share my tokens.

Thread Information