DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[PFS][SPELLJAMMER] - Thursdays 6pm GMT / 1pm EDT looking for players

GM License: Ultimate (need demo to play)

Game System: Pathfinder ruleset/3.5
    Setting: AD&D Spelljammer
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Time Zone: GMT: 6-10pm EDT: 1-5pm
    Day of week and time: Thursday
    New game, planned start date: May 19th
    Planned Frequency: Weekly
    Term: Long term (mix of campaign storyline and adventure modules)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Text or Voice: Voice preferred, Voice+text okay, Text only no
    Voice software used: Skype or Ventrilo
    Roleplay & Combat mix: Roleplay aligned (60-70%)
    Number of Players in game & needed: Small group game (3 players, 4 max. Have 2)
    Character starting level & equipment: Low mid level (5) with above average equipment
    Character restrictions: Very liberal with races and classes
    Sexual orientation/furry: open minded group

Experienced GM running a classic AD&D setting of Spelljammer taking the group into Wildspace. Never heard of Spelljammer? Think Star Trek with all the awesomeness of a high fantasy background, space adventure, mysterious races to meet, pirates, and ominous ruins floating in the void!
    We are looking for 1-2 more players to join us, active and outgoing personalities welcome! The game ruleset will be based on the Pathfinder sources as these are commonly available (D&D 3.5) and both classes and player races will be handled very carefree. Generally common sense > rulebook, I want to avoid technical discussions during gameplay but you are welcome to perfect your characters on your own time and come forward with your own ideas. The versatile setting allows for innovation and adventure of all kinds.

Characters will start at lvl 5 and be of slightly above average power, reflecting the hardiness needed to brave the challenges of outer space.

The group will come together on May 19th for the first time but you can join easily at a later point.

Gamecalendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1982

If you are interested, leave a post in this thread
    or contact me on Skype (Cedragonin /raven icon)

Thank you
    Last edited by Cedragonin; May 10th, 2016 at 17:21.

Blog Entries
    I hope you will consider posting pics as your campaign unfolds. Spelljammer is a great setting.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I hope you will consider posting pics as your campaign unfolds. Spelljammer is a great setting.
    That's a good idea! I will see what of my materials is postable. Spelljammer is very underrepresented, a pity too as it is one of the best D&D settings.

I agree, it's been a part of my greyhawk campaign since its release in 89. enjoy!
    Life is too short to worry about things you can do nothing about
    Gaming since '78, DM/GMing since '79 (an ultimate grognard)
    Ultimate License owner

I'm interested, but I've never played Pathfinder (or 3.5, or anything d20... I played AD&D 2e 20+ years ago, and then didn't play again until 4th edition and now I play 5th edition). I do have all of the core Pathfinder books, I just haven't cracked them open. So I could study up and learn the basics and I could create a character. But I'd definitely be a total newbie and would perhaps need some hand-holding as a player in an edition I've never seen before. Fantasy Grounds generally seems to make playing pretty simple though, even if you don't know the ins and outs of the system, so maybe this isn't a big deal? Do I sound like a player you would be interested in having along for the ride? I would totally understand it if not.

I'm keen to join, haven't played any rpg's for a while due to a busy schedule, moving countries and changing tack in my professional life. But that is all going smoothly enough now I can commit to scheduling time out for a little high fantasy. I have played some pathfinder in the past but mostly I've played DnD, started with basic and played my way up to 4th edition, most recent games I've played have been in Warhammer 40k on Roll20. I've also played Warhammer Fantasy, Tunnels and Trolls, Rune Quest, Call of Cthulhu and many others including table top, board and computer games galore.

I have never used fantasy grounds, encountered it for the first time on Steam yesterday and thought I would have a look at whats out there, should I find a game I will happily purchase and download it the same day.

I live in the UK so the time suites me, the day is fine (can instead do Mon or Wed if required) and once a week is perfect. I have Skype, a good headset and mic, I can also easily install vent if required.

In fantasy settings I usually choose to play a spell caster or archer of some type, I've never played in the Spelljammer universe but its always intrigued me.

Our group has reached its maximum of players, if you should still be interested in joining, send me a pm please and I will notify you if/when there is an opening.

Hi!

How did this work out? I am really interested in getting Spelljammer running well in FG and was hoping to find some resources to get the conversion bootstrapped a bit.

Thread Information