DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 86 of 163 First ... 3676848586878896136 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Glad View Post
    Hi there!
    Sorry if the questions has been asked already but I cant find answers in the wikipage :

1° Is there a way to create a chatsound that would play a random sound across a predefinite list of sounds in a specific folder?
    What about playing by default a random item in the folder if no title is specified or something like this?

2° The name of the character before any action (cast, attack etc.) seems not to trigger anything I guess it is not considered somehow as text sent to players? (even if it seems so?)

3° What is the Chain sound ?

Thanks for this extension, really awesome
    1. No, but it might be a nice idea for a new feature.
    2. I'm not sure, I'll have to look into it. But as a general rule you probably don't want to create Chat Sounds that trigger of player's/character's names - in general it makes them less useful
    3. No idea - unless you meant to ask "What is a Chain sound?" in which case the answer is a series of two or more sounds chained together so that they occur as a sequence off of one trigger event.

Glad you like it

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

1° Is there a way to create a chatsound that would play a random sound across a predefinite list of sounds in a specific folder?
    As Dulux_Oz mentions you can't specifically do exactly this with the DOE Extension. However, it is possible with other applications triggered from the extension.

For example: if you're using Syrinscape you could use the Soundset Creator to setup a "one-shot" element with a bunch of different sounds in the element playlist that are set to Sample Playlist Order of "Random".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey folks,

First, thanks for all your work, both Dulux-oz and the rest of the community.

Secondly, I'm using the extension with the Gurps community ruleset.

I've managed to use Chatsounds playing straight from my local drive, as I'll be using FG to supplement my "in person" sessions. But I've not been able to, using chatsounds, auto trigger a sound when an attack roll is made. I copy and paste the chat output generated by the attack, but doesn't seem to work. Since every attack outputs a slightly different text (cause of variable margin of success and other variables), I tried both using the full text output, eg "[RANGED]
    NatArms Rifle Burst (14):[ Success! ] by 8 [Maximum 3 hits]", which would only trigger when another attack generated the same exact results, as well as "[RANGED] NatArms Rifle Burst (14)", which would be ideal for me as it would trigger no matter what (miss, hit, number of hits etc).

Here's a screenshot, if that's any help:
    https://imgur.com/a/t2WBi

Any ideas on how to make it work?

What about playing by default a random item in the folder if no title is specified or something like this?
    You can also, if you know your way around coding, insert Autosound triggers directly into the ruleset. This way you can make it as random as you want, and have way more control on when it triggers. This is how I've done, but it requires a lot more work than simply setting an Chatsound trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Exalted View Post
    Hey folks,

First, thanks for all your work, both Dulux-oz and the rest of the community.

Secondly, I'm using the extension with the Gurps community ruleset.

I've managed to use Chatsounds playing straight from my local drive, as I'll be using FG to supplement my "in person" sessions. But I've not been able to, using chatsounds, auto trigger a sound when an attack roll is made. I copy and paste the chat output generated by the attack, but doesn't seem to work. Since every attack outputs a slightly different text (cause of variable margin of success and other variables), I tried both using the full text output, eg "[RANGED]
    NatArms Rifle Burst (14):[ Success! ] by 8 [Maximum 3 hits]", which would only trigger when another attack generated the same exact results, as well as "[RANGED] NatArms Rifle Burst (14)", which would be ideal for me as it would trigger no matter what (miss, hit, number of hits etc).

Here's a screenshot, if that's any help:
    https://imgur.com/a/t2WBi

Any ideas on how to make it work?
    You should try to use 2 or 3 of the triggers fields, it saved me a lot of time with the exact kind of issues you having.
    I don't know the game you referring to but if I can try an example:
    "[RANGED] NatArms Rifle Burst (14):[ Success! ] by 8 [Maximum 3 hits]"
    Try "NatArms Rifle Bust" first, in one first field and test it, this should trigger anytime this weapon is used
    Now if you want this weapon sound just in a specific case (success, failure etc.) just add a second trigger below the first field as "Success!" to trigger it only in the success case.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As Dulux_Oz mentions you can't specifically do exactly this with the DOE Extension. However, it is possible with other applications triggered from the extension.

For example: if you're using Syrinscape you could use the Soundset Creator to setup a "one-shot" element with a bunch of different sounds in the element playlist that are set to Sample Playlist Order of "Random".
    Thanks Trenloe but after a year using Syrinscape I found it way too expensive for a renting content and i was somewhat unsatified about the quality of a lot of sounds (maybe jsut a settings problem on my side though the Fireball sound is just terrible for eg.)

You can also, if you know your way around coding, insert Autosound triggers directly into the ruleset. This way you can make it as random as you want, and have way more control on when it triggers. This is how I've done, but it requires a lot more work than simply setting an Chatsound trigger.
    Thanks for the idea but unfortunatly I'm not familiar with coding at all.

Little post in order to share ideas/experience about some of the Chatsound triggers I created for my DD5E campains. Maybe it will help some new users of this incredible extension, anyfeedback are welcome:

*TURN sound
    Trigger 1 : TURN
    Trigger 2: Creaturename
    --> plays a sound at the begining of the creature/hero turn

*Specific weapon attack sound:
    Trigger 1: ATTACK
    Trigger 2: Weapon name
    --> sound when someone is using the specific weapon attacking

*Specific weapon dealing damage:
    Trigger 1: DAMAGE
    Trigger 2: Weapon name
    --> sound when the specific weapon damage is rolled

*General HIT-when-attacked-sound
    Trigger 1: HIT]
    --> a sound confirming an attack hit

*General MISS-when-attacked-sound
    Trigger 1: MISS]
    --> a nice sound of a sword through the air confirming a general attack missed

*Creature hurt sound
    Trigger 1: Damage
    Trigger 2: Creaturename] [S
    --> triggers when the creature takes damage that change its status (I have the detailed status option visible for players).
    For a player damaged, just remove the "] [S" part of the second trigger

*Creature dead sound
    Trigger 1: Damage
    Trigger 2: Creaturename
    Trigger 3: DAMAGE
    --> plays a sound when the creature dies

*Crit/fumble sounds
    Trigger 1: CRITICAL HIT / AUTOMATIC MISS
    --> plays a sound when a CRIT / fumble is scored

*Spell cast sound
    Trigger 1: CAST
    Trigger 2: Spellname
    -> plays a sound when the spell is cast

*Spell damage sound
    Trigger 1: DAMAGE
    Trigger 2: Spellname
    --> explicit I guess

Sequence during a combat would then be:
    1) new unit turn -> specific unit sound
    2) attack or spell cast -> specific spell cast/weapon attack sound
    HIT or MISS -> general sound
    3) damage rolled if any (weapon of spell) -> specific weapon/spell damage sound
    damage applied to creature/hero -> specific unit sound // damage applied resulting in a death -> specific unit sound

Its a lot of work to do this for each monster (3 sounds for each + attacks/spells) but its really really immersive. You will have to play with the delay field if you are not using Syrinscape in order to avoid a sound killing the previous one. Creating sounds only for the players weapons/spells/turn/damaged can be a very good begining though. With couple of ambience musics (short though as they are easily annoying) and a nice combat playlist...I cant tell how much I love this extension
    Last edited by Glad; August 15th, 2017 at 11:25.

You should try to use 2 or 3 of the triggers fields, it saved me a lot of time with the exact kind of issues you having.
    I don't know the game you referring to but if I can try an example:
    "[RANGED] NatArms Rifle Burst (14):[ Success! ] by 8 [Maximum 3 hits]"
    Try "NatArms Rifle Bust" first, in one first field and test it, this should trigger anytime this weapon is used
    Now if you want this weapon sound just in a specific case (success, failure etc.) just add a second trigger below the first field as "Success!" to trigger it only in the success case.
    Thanks for the reply Glad, but still couldn't get it to work, whether using one or more triggers. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, as it does work when I mannually write the trigger in the chatbox:
    https://imgur.com/KVCeSqe

Make sure your rolls are visible to the players in your options, you need the string text to "travel" trough users in order to trigger.
    Apart from this advice, I have no further idea.

That did it! I thought the "travel" part was only necessary if using it over some type of VoIp. Thank you!

Now it's just a matter of moving the chat window out of the screen so the players can't see my rolls on the TV

Thread Information