FG Spreadshirt Swag

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 77 of 163 First ... 2767757677787987127 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GainunX View Post
    Music links do not work. I create links with Syrinscape strings, following the instructions, but when I click the purple button, nothing happens. I tested with soundcloud urls too, same problem =(

FG version 3.3.1
    Ruleset: D & D 5E
    DOE Base Extension 3.0
    DOE Sound Extension 4.0

I tested using only these two extensions and no active modules.
    UPTADE Partially solved. The links in the soundboard do not always work, but sometimes they work (I do not know why), but if I add the links in a story entry or in an image they function normally o.O

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Have you turned on Sounds in the FG Options?

Edit: Damn! Ninja'd again!
    It looks like this was because I changed my campaign to test and it worked. Thank you, everything is ok now =)

Blog Entries
    Is there a list of standard chat phrases that are generated? Slowly building up chat sounds linked to sounds I own and if there was a standard list somewhere it would save me some time.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Is there a list of standard chat phrases that are generated? Slowly building up chat sounds linked to sounds I own and if there was a standard list somewhere it would save me some time.
    Exactly THIS is the problem I'm facing right now..... So I started using the extension 2 days ago and the first thing I thought was exactly this. So, imagine you spend like 1,056 years in the mortal world making a chat sound for each spell in the spell list and for all the possible weapon attacks that have a sound like dagger attack, sword attack, bow attack, etc. Even some special skills like opening a lock, etc. You then have every sound work flawlessly for all the attacks and so on....

So here are my questions:
    1. Is there a way to BACKUP all the chatsounds, autosounds, etc. you have created for a campaign? Because I did some testing and it appears to be campaign specific.
    2. Is there a file or something that I can download that has this "backup" (in case it is possible) so that I can save 1,056 years?

Thanks in advance.

whiteTiki: Adventurers League Player
    Experience: 10 years; DM and Player
    Games: D&D, Pathfinder, World of Darkness

Blog Entries
    You can save the sounds you make as a module and open them up in different campaigns later. Just do the normal module export but only select sounds.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

So no, there is no standard lsit of Char phrases because every Ruleset defines their own - with an (potentially) infinite number of Rulesets and each Ruleset having an infinite number of (potentail) chat phrases...

A bit like asking is there a standard list of songs (out of all the possible songs in existence - past, present and future)

It is possible to export Chatsounds and others out to a Module via the /export slash command (for personal use only).

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

What is actually working good for me right now is:

1. Make new Campaign and call it "My Default Campaign" for 5e ruleset
    2. Disable all the extensions and only leave the official basics and the DOE Base and DOE Sound
    3. Load the campaign and change all settings to default settings you want
    4. Unload all modules and just leave the DOE ones (Manual and others)
    5. Be sure to load Zach's base 20 lvl characters (which have all the effects programmed and loaded)
    6. Edit all Zach's effects for all classes so that they have a "comment" before the effect. This comment should be the one you will link in Chatsounds.
    7. Start adding Chatsounds. For all spells, for all skills, for all attacks, etc.
    8. When done. Close campaign and return to launcher.

You can now access the campaign folder inside the FantasyGrounds directory and anytime you need to create a new campaign, just copy and paste the campaign folder and rename it to whatever you want. Before loading the campaign you can enable all the extensions you need.

Now the question is.... will you be able to make a .ZIP file of your "Default Campaign" and share the folder with anyone that has already installed the DOE extensions so that he/she only has to Unzip-Copy-Paste?
    Last edited by whiteTiki; June 16th, 2017 at 06:16.

whiteTiki: Adventurers League Player
    Experience: 10 years; DM and Player
    Games: D&D, Pathfinder, World of Darkness

Blog Entries
    As much as I love the DOE extensions, and I have sent cash to Dulux-Oz and I am sure I will send more soon as even more functionality has been added, there are not actually infinite rulesets even if there is potential for it and 5e D&D is the most common by far.

However, I will make my request in the 5e forum for the chat results only. Dulux-Oz does not want .mod files spread around and what sounds people like for each action or even which ones you have access to will vary anyways (I buy my soundsets as I hate SAAS).

To be clear, I respect his wishes fully. He does a lot of work with these extensions for little reward other than knowing he helped others and the one major request he asks for is respect for his ownership of the code which seems very reasonable to me and I extra tip my hat for the extensions and support he gives.

Blog Entries
    Hey there Dulux-Oz ... time to send you some grief, and this time related to magic characters. You story intro for the magic characters mentions the "ChatBox" so I am thinking that using magic characters will allow me to search for patterns that span individual strings? For example:
    Code:
    %[CAST%].*%[MISS%]
    What am I doing with the above? Well I've setup a crap tonne of local sounds that are working excellent and I'm piping them to discord swimmingly ... but now I'm wanting more! What I'm thinking is to add in a generic MISS/FAIL sound for melee, for range, for spells. So I was thinking I can only do this using the magic characters and spanning usually 2 or 3 chatstrings. I've got some experience with pattern matching but clearly not adequate, and so i was hoping that you might be able to assist?

I am thinking that ought to span a couple lines of chatstrings. But unfortunately I am pretty sure that I've my pattern syntax wrong.

For a SPELL miss I'm looking at the following 3 chatstrings:
    Code:
    <font color="#660066">PlayerName: [CAST] Shocking Grasp [at Adult Gold Dragon]</font><br />
    <font color="#660066">PlayerName: [ATTACK (M)] Shocking Grasp</font> [1d20+2 = 16]<br />
    <font color="#660066">Attack [16] -&#62; [at Adult Gold Dragon] [MISS]</font><br />

For a RANGE miss I'm looking at the following 2 chatstrings:
    Code:
    <font color="#660066">PlayerName: [ATTACK (R)] Longbow</font> [1d20+4 = 8]<br />
    <font color="#660066">Attack [8] -&#62; [at Adult Gold Dragon] [MISS]</font><br />

Hi Guys

I have finally managed to get Syrinscape to output in Discord, but the remote sound quality is terrible. It works fine on the host but all remote connections suffer, breakup in audio, muffled audio. Just really poor quality to the point it is unusable.

Has anyone got any tips to fix this? Please bear in mind that I am not very technical...If it helps I used the voicemeeter banana method, but open to other solutions like OBS.

Martin

I know this is no fault of FG, but thought this maybe the place to ask!
    Last edited by Martin153; June 17th, 2017 at 15:39.

Thread Information