DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 60 of 163 First ... 1050585960616270110160 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    So in the case where I have in the chat:

[ATTACK (M)] Shortsword [CRITICAL HIT]

I would need a chatsound with a trigger for the attack to hear the weapon sound and then ANOTHER chatsound with BOTH the weapon trigger and the CRIT trigger to hear the CRIT sound.

Do I have that right?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

No - you can only get ONE ChatSound triggering off of a single ChatString - so what should happen (in your scenario) is that the ChatSound with both triggers in it (the CRIT Sound) would (ie should) be the one that plays ONLY.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    And now that I've tested it, that's ABSOLUTELY TRUE! It would be cool to have multiple sounds triggered since Syrinscape can play them simultaneously, but if I code out FIVE different ways a weapon can result in a chat sentence, then I have it all covered.

Name Syrinscape Trigger 1 Trigger 2

Blowgun Attack Bow Fire [ATTACK (R)] Blowgun
    Blowgun Attack (Fumble) Sad Trombone [ATTACK (R)] Blowgun [AUTOMATIC MISS]
    Blowgun Attack (Crit) Yay! [ATTACK (R)] Blowgun [CRITICAL HIT]
    Blowgun Critical Bow Critical [DAMAGE (R)] Blowgun [CRITICAL
    Blowgun Hit Crossbow Hit [DAMAGE (R)] Blowgun

This is a "crapton" of work, but it's cool to have every scenario for every weapon. Now I just have to build 40 more!

Gwydion and I are currently using sounds and have EVERY cantrip, 1st-3rd level spells, about half the weapons, about 30 environmental sounds (swamp, wind, thunder, etc.) as well as the following auto sounds:

Language Chat
    Roll Initiative
    Set AFK
    Transfer Currency
    Transfer Item
    Transfer Parcel
    Whisper

So our games are super fun! ThanX for what you're doing Dulux-Oz!
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    And now that I've tested it, that's ABSOLUTELY TRUE! It would be cool to have multiple sounds triggered since Syrinscape can play them simultaneously, but if I code out FIVE different ways a weapon can result in a chat sentence, then I have it all covered.

Name Syrinscape Trigger 1 Trigger 2

Blowgun Attack Bow Fire [ATTACK (R)] Blowgun
    Blowgun Attack (Fumble) Sad Trombone [ATTACK (R)] Blowgun [AUTOMATIC MISS]
    Blowgun Attack (Crit) Yay! [ATTACK (R)] Blowgun [CRITICAL HIT]
    Blowgun Critical Bow Critical [DAMAGE (R)] Blowgun [CRITICAL
    Blowgun Hit Crossbow Hit [DAMAGE (R)] Blowgun

This is a "crapton" of work, but it's cool to have every scenario for every weapon. Now I just have to build 40 more!

Gwydion and I are currently using sounds and have EVERY cantrip, 1st-3rd level spells, about half the weapons, about 30 environmental sounds (swamp, wind, thunder, etc.) as well as the following auto sounds:

Language Chat
    Roll Initiative
    Set AFK
    Transfer Currency
    Transfer Item
    Transfer Parcel
    Whisper

So our games are super fun! ThanX for what you're doing Dulux-Oz!
    Hey rob2e!
    Do you get all the sounds from Syrinscape? I've syrinscape too but for those sound effect I take them from other rpg games at the moment.

Getting the following when trying to create chatsounds in the Castles & Crusades ruleset:

Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Script Error: [string "wlListIconAdd"]:1: attempt to index upvalue 'oWindowNode' (a nil value)
    I have made sure I have the latest sound, base, and OLE extensions, and I get this error with all other extensions disabled.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    Hey rob2e!
    Do you get all the sounds from Syrinscape? I've syrinscape too but for those sound effect I take them from other rpg games at the moment.
    All sounds from Syrinscape to keep with consistency. I started doing sounds I like better of my hard drive, but it just became a nightmare.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    I started doing sounds I like better of my hard drive, but it just became a nightmare.
    But that's one of the major bonuses of this extension and the OLE extension - you don't need to worry about jumping around all over the place during your game to use sounds from your HD, sounds from Syrinscape, sounds from Soundcloud, etc.. Set them all up as DOE: Sound or DOE: Ole links within FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    But that's one of the major bonuses of this extension and the OLE extension - you don't need to worry about jumping around all over the place during your game to use sounds from your HD, sounds from Syrinscape, sounds from Soundcloud, etc.. Set them all up as DOE: Sound or DOE: Ole links within FG.
    That's what I like too. I'm actually playing ambient sound with syrinscape, background music with youtube and something else from my pc for soundeffects ( weapons, spells, etc... ). There's a lot of extra work during preparation but the outcome is awesome.
    Last edited by st4lk3r87; February 13th, 2017 at 23:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Getting the following when trying to create chatsounds in the Castles & Crusades ruleset:

I have made sure I have the latest sound, base, and OLE extensions, and I get this error with all other extensions disabled.
    OK, this may be a problem with the DB for that campaign. I tried it in another campaign, and it worked fine. Will try to track it down myself.

This is just my first attempt on using this extension:

I've actually put some work on the code, every weapon has three different sounds when it hits and three different sounds when it misses, they are selected randomly and then played using OOB, not Chatsound. Also I'm not using Syrinscape at all.

Thread Information