STAR TREK 2d20

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 163 First ... 3442434445465494144 ... Last
    Ye, actually the string.find implementation use the plain method; it means that a perfect match of the string is required. It would be very cool to have a checkbox to decide when to use it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    Ye, actually the string.find implementation use the plain method; it means that a perfect match of the string is required. It would be very cool to have a checkbox to decide when to use it or not.
    Actually, if you had looked at the link I provided, you would see that string.find uses the "magic patterns" (similar to REs) to match.

Actually, if you had looked at the link I provided, you would see that string.find uses the "magic patterns" (similar to REs) to match.
    Yes, but string.find has 3 parameters (original_string, string_to_be_searched, plain ). The plain argument can be interpret as "Disable magic patterns". At the moment the extension is passing true to avoid, I guess, a bad usage of the magic patterns. That's why i'm suggesting something similar to a checkbox to enable or not "magic patterns".

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    Yes, but string.find has 3 parameters (original_string, string_to_be_searched, plain ). The plain argument can be interpret as "Disable magic patterns". At the moment the extension is passing true to avoid, I guess, a bad usage of the magic patterns. That's why i'm suggesting something similar to a checkbox to enable or not "magic patterns".
    Again, you have not looked at the documentation. the three parameters to string.find are original string, string to find, AND STARTING POSITION. The third parameter is if you want to start searching again past where an earlier match ended to find multiple occurrences.

Again, you have not looked at the documentation. the three parameters to string.find are original string, string to find, AND STARTING POSITION. The third parameter is if you want to start searching again past where an earlier match ended to find multiple occurrences.
    Ye sorry, the third parameter is the start position. There's a fourth parameters called plain which is used to disable "Magic pattern".

I have got this working now with Discord without having the DM's mic open so Syrinscape can cut in.

The procedure is identical to TS or Skype in that you have to tinker with default channels etc. so follow that guide for Discord. The difference are outlined below.

1. Download and install the Discord PTB (Public Test Build) - it is on their download page.

2. Make a new Discord ID for the PTB client. I called mine SoundBot.

3. Voice settings need to be setup pretty much the same as the other Discord guide for Syrinscape (https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/syrin...nline-play/709)

4. Setup voice activity as shown in the picture

Attachment 16737

5. Make both clients of Discord join the same channel and all sounds will play in Discord.

Hope that is clear enough.

Why would someone want discord vs teamspeak? What are advantages?

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to Fantasy Grounds, and I have a question concerning this sound extension and perhaps syrinscape: Will I be able to play songs that I already have on my computer for the background music, because I don't really need to have my own mixes that syrinscape offers.

Sorry if this a pretty basic question, but I'm still learning one step at a time, so thank you so much in advance for any help.

Blog Entries
    The instructions on how to use the virtual cable works for an MP3 player or other sound sources. Shrunscape makes it easy to grab strings the this extension understands and can automate, but I think you can figure out the right command yourself for your player and code it that way. Or not use this extension at all if you don't need automation or the other players having easy access to your standard sounds
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Or not use this extension at all if you don't need automation or the other players having easy access to your standard sounds
    That's not quite true - even if you don't want to use the automation it does allow you to access your sounds/music from within FG, so you don't have to take focus away from FG to your sound/music player ie you don;t have to swap back and forth.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thread Information