STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    As mentioned in darrenan's post, we do not have permission from the publisher (MCG) to provide or sell any material for the Cypher System settings. These improvements will be purely related to handling the mechanics of these systems along with sheet changes to match.

Regards,
    JPG

I would really really appreciate it if some of you Numenera GMs out there could switch over the test channel and try loading and messing around in your existing campaigns (including joining as a player) to make sure I haven't broken anything in the process of creating two rulesets out of one. As always, back up your campaign folder first so you don't lose anything.

Thanks

P.S. Feel free to also send me feedback on the new features. Love'em? Hate'em? Have a better way to do it? Either way, I'd like to hear.

What is the status of this new update of the Numenera ruleset and will it include changes introduced in the new release of Numenera? (if any, I admit I didn't check the new release)
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I believe 3.3.7 is going out tomorrow. Once you update to 3.3.7, you will see three rulesets instead of one: Cypher System, Numenera, and The Strange.

I don't believe there are any changes to core mechanics in the new books. I've glossed over them once and did see anything really different.

Keep in mind that SmiteWorks does not have a license to include any copyrighted material, so these are just the rule system. It does not include descriptors, foci, creatures, items, etc.

Blog Entries
    darrenan there has been some chat on other platforms that MCG may i fact be willing to license but dont have the resources to do a FG implementation themselves... it might be worth making some approach to Darcy @ MCG and making a gentle inquiry...

Blog Entries
    That was probably me who said that. I had a brief chat with Darcy last year (or was it earlier this year? A mind is a terrible thing to waste...) then referred her to Doug and The Gang.

I kinda got the vibe that they were under the incorrect impression that they would be responsible for coding the DLC, which is obviously not in their wheelhouse. But Darcy herself seemed interested in getting some Fantasy Grounds action happening. But once I passed her on to Doug, I never bothered to continue sticking my nose into the situation.

What are the updated features of the Numenera ruleset and the functionalities of the Strange and Cyper system ones?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I think it includes what darrenan mentioned in post #46.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post415557

Regards,
    JPG

Indeed. If there is anything that isn't clear, or could use more explanation please let me know.

Any way the allow drag and drop for abilities? I played around with the Numenera rule set (more specifically the Cypher System CRB and Predation) and have a bunch of abilities, types, foci, and descriptors all sitting in a module that I would love to be able to just drag and drop. As I suck royally at following code and reading it let alone writing it, I wasn't able to do much of anything.

Also.. is there a way to have the Training option in the skills area to be blank as default instead of inability? A lot of the abilities from the types (ie Distortion for Adepts) do not have a training level and therefore should not have to have something selected.
    Last edited by Blahness98; December 22nd, 2018 at 21:34.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Thread Information