FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Hi Zhern, my efforts are personal. I started doing stuff with the ruleset out of curiosity and just wanting to see what I could achieve. I don't have the time to take this seriously, I just do small changes. That doesn't mean the changes haven't made any difference because I find, for me, they have. It also doesn't mean I won't upload them, because I will if people want to take a look and maybe even try to make even more changes. I don't have any right over them, not even the one I have changed. So if you want to take a look, happy to upload (once I figure out how and if I can)

One other point though, the only way these rules will end up properly on FG is if MCG supports them. The ruleset takes you only so far, it's the modules that really add to it, and they are copyright material.

So, as Moon Wizard has said, go to MCG website and the contact page, I then chose the General Inquiry contact form and let them know I wanted them to start producing modules and ruleset for there game, just like 5e. This is really the only way this will happen, if enough people are asking for this, then it may move up the pile to "financially viable". But with no contacts requesting this it will be looked at as not likely to succeed and nothing will happen.

Thanks for the reply, joeblack1863, and for the clarification. I'll definitely reach out to MCG and let them know that there is interest from their fans for FG support for Numenera and The Strange, including modules.

I added my voice to the list over at montecook games for fantasy grounds content. I really love this system, but not have a more robust setup and materials in fantasy grounds makes it a harder sell for my fantasy grounds only gaming group.

Also, I'm really interested in any progress you've made with your changes if you're still working on it.

Blog Entries
    I'd play it if it was on FG. It seems like a fascinating concept.
    Check out my art albums on FG!
    I own an Ultimate License, all WOTC D&D stuffs, and the SW rules.

Blog Entries
    It is on FG... have a look in Create Campaigns...
    Its just not a licensed ruleset and it doesnt have huge amounts of bells and whistles.

I have taken on the mantle of active community developer of the Cypher System/Numenera/The Strange ruleset(s) released as part of Fantasy Grounds. Moon Wizard has granted me permissions to check code into their repository, and I have been furiously doing so. Here's what I have done so far:

- Created a new Cypher System base ruleset using the current Numenera ruleset as a starting point.
    - Added automation for applying Effort and deducting Effort cost from stat pools. This functionality takes Edge, assets, modifiers, wound level and the 'dazed' effect into account as part of the calculations done when the dice are rolled. Every skill, attack and ability now has one of the three stats associated with it. There is a new desktop control next to the Modifier box that lets you specify the level of Effort to use on the next die roll.
    - The Numenera ruleset is now just a thin layer on top of Cypher System.
    - Created a ruleset for The Strange on top of Cypher System as well. This ruleset adds translation/recursion functionality to the character sheet so you don't need to manage a separate character sheet for each recursion. Items, attacks and abilities now have the ability to be associated with a specific recursion, and those that are specific to a recursion will be hidden while not on that recursion. The GM can edit the global list of recursions, but each player can select the 'current' recursion for their character from the GM-defined list, as well as a special 'All' item used to see everything when editing your character.

The situation with MCG has not changed. I will not be releasing any libraries containing copyrighted content.

I have a backlog of changes that I want to get done to both Cypher System and The Strange rulesets and I will be receptive to suggestions from the community as well.

Hopefully I can get this first round of changes out as part of 3.3.7.

Blog Entries
    DUUUUDE!!!

You, sir, are the hero we both need and deserve!

Good news. Is this going to be commercially available or it will remain distributed as it currently is?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Good news. Is this going to be commercially available or it will remain distributed as it currently is?
    There will be no content available for the ruleset.

Wow! This sounds great!

Thread Information