FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Thanks, Moon Wizard. I don't know why I thought that feature was there. I knew about the roll result, but I could have sworn there was something else. Thanks for the clarification!

I've been playing around with this ruleset and have approached changes from two angles. One is data, the other is functionality. For me, just the ruleset on its own does make things sparse. So I added a bunch of modules, Bestiary, Armor, Weapons, Cyphers. That let me drag and drop stuff to the character sheet and in the case of Bestiary, to the combat tracker. Sped things up and took away a load of tedious stuff.

It also let me identify things in the character sheet that were still an issue for me. So the second approach was to look to change those things that were Numenera specific over to Cypher System. I picked the easy stuff and have been just taking small steps, small changes. The part of the ruleset I have changed so far is on the Inventory tab as that was my biggest issue. First was adding more types so now I can mark an item as an asset or gear as well as the other options. That's personal preference but it does make it easier to spot the assets for example.

Next change was the Cyphers. Removed the Anoetic, Occultic and changed to Manifest and Subtle. Removed the 2 point cost, so all cyphers are 1 point cost. I added an extra cypher state of "Cypher Bag". So if you own this artifact (I think it is from Numenera rules), you can set the cypher to being in the cypher bag and it automatically has no cost. I realise this last one is just my own take on things, but was fun and helped me to learn the ruleset and Lua. I also removed the numbers from the text so the display is just "Manifest", "Subtle", "Cypher Bag", "Used".

I am thinking of changing this column to "Active", "Cypher bag" (or "Stored"), "Used" and then add an additional field to the item to store the cypher type instead.

I am also looking at the Actions Tab but taking things slowly. Want to change the Armor part as that is not how it works in Cypher System.

Just thought I would pass on that someone is playing with it, not sure how far I will get :-)

One final thing, If anyone can point me in the right direction, I want to copy the table that is used by 3.5e, pathfinder and 5e that displays equipment, weapons and armor. Tried but I am missing something. Would be great to add this in so it can be used when creating the equipment module.

Quote Originally Posted by joeblack1863 View Post
    I've been playing around with this ruleset and have approached changes from two angles. One is data, the other is functionality. For me, just the ruleset on its own does make things sparse. So I added a bunch of modules, Bestiary, Armor, Weapons, Cyphers. That let me drag and drop stuff to the character sheet and in the case of Bestiary, to the combat tracker. Sped things up and took away a load of tedious stuff.

It also let me identify things in the character sheet that were still an issue for me. So the second approach was to look to change those things that were Numenera specific over to Cypher System. I picked the easy stuff and have been just taking small steps, small changes. The part of the ruleset I have changed so far is on the Inventory tab as that was my biggest issue. First was adding more types so now I can mark an item as an asset or gear as well as the other options. That's personal preference but it does make it easier to spot the assets for example.

Next change was the Cyphers. Removed the Anoetic, Occultic and changed to Manifest and Subtle. Removed the 2 point cost, so all cyphers are 1 point cost. I added an extra cypher state of "Cypher Bag". So if you own this artifact (I think it is from Numenera rules), you can set the cypher to being in the cypher bag and it automatically has no cost. I realise this last one is just my own take on things, but was fun and helped me to learn the ruleset and Lua. I also removed the numbers from the text so the display is just "Manifest", "Subtle", "Cypher Bag", "Used".

I am thinking of changing this column to "Active", "Cypher bag" (or "Stored"), "Used" and then add an additional field to the item to store the cypher type instead.

I am also looking at the Actions Tab but taking things slowly. Want to change the Armor part as that is not how it works in Cypher System.

Just thought I would pass on that someone is playing with it, not sure how far I will get :-)

One final thing, If anyone can point me in the right direction, I want to copy the table that is used by 3.5e, pathfinder and 5e that displays equipment, weapons and armor. Tried but I am missing something. Would be great to add this in so it can be used when creating the equipment module.
    That sounds amazing! Thanks for giving it a look. I'm still waiting for MCG to respond to me on several emails I've sent them.
    I have put some modules in mine, but I don't know how to tweak things the way you have. Bravo!

The ruleset is definitely harder, simply because changes need to be made across more than one file, that can be both xml and lua. Once I've done a few more things, I could upload the ruleset I have worked on? Am I allowed to share it legally?

Don't want to break any rules.

Blog Entries
    Hi joeblack1863 if its a ruleset - and not a reference manual you can share it.

Thanks damned,

I'll play a bit more and then see if I can upload it, not sure how as there only appears to be a image link rather than file link.

Blog Entries
    Thanks damned,

I'll play a bit more and then see if I can upload it, not sure how as there only appears to be a image link rather than file link.
    You probably dont have permission to upload as yet... you need about a dozen posts....

LOL, I guess I'll have to see if I can add a few. Here is a picture of the Inventory screen with the current changes, if it posts...

Attachment 15520

LOL, I guess I'll have to see if I can add a few. Here is a picture of the Inventory screen with the current changes, if it posts...

Attachment 15520
    Very cool! I really appreciate your hard work and I look forward to testing what you've done so far!

If you're changing the base ruleset I'd recommend you do this as an extension to the Numenera ruleset - so your changes aren't overwritten by FG updates and your code can still be used with existing campaigns made for Numenera.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information