FG Spreadshirt Swag

What I can and can't do with dice

So, I've been playing around with a system that uses only d10's. Some of the tables and such that I have use the other dice, but the gameplay itself is only d10's.

I can move the other dice on the screen, leaving the d10 in the normal position, but I'd really like to move the other dice off the screen so they are still usable by the tables, but not visible. Can this be done? I tried to use the position tag and just set the coord's way off the screen, but that didn't work. Anyway, not hugely important, just a question.

Thanks.
    Last edited by chanceboon; April 26th, 2016 at 16:30.

I'm not terribly sure what you mean but a table doesn't need any dice at all. Right click over the dice in the table and select clear dice. Now the table will decide based on the first and last number in the from - to range what dice it needs to roll.

You will be a bit screwed of course if the roll on the table requires some weird stuff like a d6+d8 but most tables will be fine without the dice.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the quick response. I was using the word table for the screen as well as the tables themselves...very confusing...sorry. My first effort to hide the dice (make them not visible on the screen), was to just remove their entry in the ruleset, but when I did this, the tables couldn't use the dice. Is this clearer? Once more, sorry for the vagueness.
    Last edited by chanceboon; April 26th, 2016 at 16:33.

Ok, I'm still not terribly clear on what you are trying to do but as I said you can leave off the dice altogether unless the result is dependent on a non standard roll such as d8+d6. So if you have a table which requires a d10 roll and you don't put a d10 in the dice box it'll still roll a d10.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Sorry. I am beginning to think I should have left the tables out of it entirely. This is more about moving the dice off of the screen, so they are no longer visible except the d10's. That's all. I think bringing up the tables made it more confusing...sorry.

I believe you can use the customdie tag, instead of the die tag, to allow dice to be allowed in a ruleset, but not displayed on tabletop.

However, they won't be available for users to roll directly, or add to dice fields. Only the ruleset will be able to trigger them (such as table rolls).

Another option is to do what the RoleMaster ruleset did, which was to cluster the dice off to the right, except for the dice used mainly for the game (percentile in the case of RoleMaster)

Regards,
    JPG

I was resigning myself to putting all of the unused dice on one side and the d10 on the other...but customdie tag, you say? I'll play around with it when I get home from work. Thank you both for your help!

You might need to specifically delete the die tags as well as define the new customdie tags. Let me know how it goes, and I can look deeper.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information