STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Cypher System One-Shots

I'm going to run several one-shots using various genres and worlds to showcase the Cypher System in the hopes I can get MCG to support fantasy grounds! I will provide premade characters and you bring only yourself! If you have a character idea, feel free to send me a message. It's more fun to play something you will enjoy!
    I will be using the numenara ruleset since it is based off the cypher system. If you have already played the cypher system, feel free to join up, but I'd really like to introduce new players.
    Here's the link to the game calendar to sign up!
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1932

If you like the cypher system and want to see MCG support it, please make sure to post in the following thread. I gave MCG the link, so they will be monitoring it. Please show your support!
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...System-Support

I am new to Cypher and FG (played 1 game of FATE during FG Con 8) and would like to play. How long of a session were you planning?

I plan to run 2-4 hour sessions. I can't really run them more than one every two weeks. I will provide the characters, but requests are welcome!

Stupid work.. can't join in on this. Wish I could as I want to start running a cypher game and would like to see one done before I jump in..
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    Stupid work.. can't join in on this. Wish I could as I want to start running a cypher game and would like to see one done before I jump in..
    I'm sorry you can't join in, but here is a preview of an actual play adventure using the cypher system. I got in a couple of gm intrusions at the end. It was very enjoyable.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=227a1igC7dM
    Last edited by Stryfe484; April 14th, 2016 at 03:31.

I'll watch that video tonight/tomorrow.

Would it be best to keep discussions about the game/genre in this thread? I do not get notified when a discussion gets added under the game calendar entry so I would hate for people to think I wasn't interested.

I backed the newest kickstarter and am grabbing the plaY test materials for the next pair of settings that are coming out, so hopefully I can get a few games going before then.
    Last edited by Blahness98; April 11th, 2016 at 01:06. Reason: Stupid phone autocorrect and spelling issues..
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by TriOpticon View Post
    I'll watch that video tonight/tomorrow.

Would it be best to keep discussions about the game/genre in this thread? I do not get notified when a discussion gets added under the game calendar entry so I would hate for people to think I wasn't interested.
    I think that's a wonderful idea. I can always post a recap of what people are looking for on the game calendar. BTW, I just ran my first sci-fi cypher system game with my irl group. It was a great success!

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    I backed the newest kickstarter and am grabbing the plaY test materials for the next pair of settings that are coming out, so hopefully I can get a few games going before then.
    I did as well! I'm looking forward to the Unmasked playtest the most, but Predation looks amazing as well! I'm glad they did the Q&A days for us. It helped me better visualize each setting. I can't wait!

Thread Information