DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is the Skill Development Window functional at all?

I was trying to puzzle it out, and can't seem to get any functionality from it except for 'add new ranks'. I can't seem to clear for the character either, and it makes doing adolescent and apprenticeship skill a chore. Are there settings somewhere, or an order this needs to be done in? Perhaps before being grouped?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Yes, it should be functional but might not be the easiest to figure out. I am working on a document that will hopefully help with that.

And again, thank you. I swear I remember doing it before.

Just to let you know that I haven't forgot about putting the document together. I just need to find time to do it.

Heyah, has there been any updates to documentation about using this function?

Blog Entries
    It works but you kind of need to know how to best approach it, which is admittedly exactly what you're asking. I'm not at the computer right now so I can't really walk your through it.

I wish the ruleset would have received some love over the past few years, but I'm flogging the dead horse here.
    Last edited by JohnD; April 22nd, 2017 at 18:21.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

It works - I've added new Ranks for each character level from O to my current lvl (6). The thing to look out for is to add the new ranks using a column on the far right - you'll know you are filling in the correct column with your intended ranks because the DP cost will start totalling/counting down. Once you've spent all your points you can click "add new" and the ranks will be added to your character sheet.

On your next level, clear the new ranks and repeat again.

You can play with the Options to preset what fixed % of your points are to be used for Secondary Skills if you wish.

The awkward thing to find is the Profession Level Bonus table ... every time I need it I hunt around for 15 to 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    It works but you kind of need to know how to best approach it, which is admittedly exactly what you're asking. I'm not at the computer right now so I can't really walk your through it.

I wish the ruleset woukd have received some love over the past few years, but I'm flogging the dead horse here.
    John, I agree but sadly it's both one of the more complex rulesets FG has and it's not one of the most popular rulesets (adventure mods are sadly lacking).

I've got a few levels to add for a PC and can try to stream it for posting.
    But yeah, the trick is to load all skills, unlock them all for any editing/customizing you wanna do, and mouse drag the boxes on the far left of any skills you want to duplicate(drop your mousedrag just a touch lower than the original skill and you'll see the new skill is duplicated and ready to be edited) and rename(spells/weapons) it to what you want.
    Add/change the stat codes used thereafter with parentheses and break up multiple stat codes with a / like you see for other skills listed.

From there, once filling out the far right hand fields for whatever skill ranks you want to take, be sure the totals jive with the bottom tallies - they are live so, as mentioned above, you will see them go up and down when typing in planned ranks purchased or zeroing mistakes out.

Once happy with your choices, and all the tallies on the bottom read 0s for DPs Left (to spend), choose Add Ranks, update your level to whatever you just developed for on the top right hand corner to show you're done, and then choose Clear Ranks to 0 things out to be ready for next level.

If you play with developing the next level before obtaining it, repeat the steps again but DO NOT Add the ranks into your sheet - if you do, you can just Remove them if you haven't pressed the Clear button yet!
    Just close out of the Skill Development table and it will be ready for you to simply fold those ranks in when you do end up hitting the next level's target XP.
    Just update your level number and repeat.

Hope this helps(early morning Foggy brain).
    Last edited by Majyk; April 22nd, 2017 at 17:41.

Thread Information