STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Duplicate cards in the adventure deck [Bug]

I don't know how much help this will be because I'm not the GM and forgot to make note of the versions we were using* but we played a Deadlands game Saturday using the Adventure Card module.
    A total of 16 cards were deal to 3 players (one player had the Destiny's Child Edge) and one player got TWO copies of "This Card Just Rules" in the opening deal.
    On playing both of those cards he was dealt (2x2) additional cards, one of which was a duplicate of the card "Payback" which another player had been dealt in opening deal.

I believe all cards in the deck should be single instances.

*pretty sure my GM is uptodate with all the modules but he can comment in if that's not the case.

There should be two copies of this card just rules (at least there is in my physical deck)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Interesting.
    There isn't in the deck we checked.

Had this happen again last night, this time there were 2 copies of the card "Rally", I am certain that the physical deck is not meant to have duplicate cards (but I will get official word from on high for the sake of completeness).

People aren't dragging cards from the module are they?

You are shuffling the deck at the start of each session? (this removes all cards from PCs and reshuffles the deck)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

It's purely from the deal.

And confirmation from Clint, there are NO duplicates, not even This Card Just Rules
    https://www.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=443625#p443625

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstickman View Post
    It's purely from the deal.
    But are you shuffling the deck before dealing the cards?

If not that is most likely the problem as that resets the deck to the correct number in the xml (a good example is if you play around with adding and removing the setting specific cards in the settings screen, the change does not take affect until you shuffle the deck).

Likewise have you modified the deck at all?

I have a couple of custom decks with duplicate cards, removed others and added my own (check the .xml files - I cannot remember exactly what they are called right now)
    Last edited by Doswelk; May 3rd, 2016 at 08:14.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

As far as I know (not being the GM) nothing untoward is happening. The cards are being collected via whatever method allows them to be recollected from all players at the same time and then they are dealt out again.
    I'll see if I can get my GM to pop in and answer exactly what he is doing.

I am the GM in the particular game that Matchstickman is referring to in this bug report. I can confirm that at the start of each and every game the deck is shuffled. Also, I have made no changes to the deck.
    Last edited by bislab; May 4th, 2016 at 11:54.

Thread Information