FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    I am currently planning a nWoD game (specifically Hunter: the Vigil), so I'll be keeping an eye on this. My plan is to get started by mid-March, so hopefully things will go smoothly with the polishing and uploading.

Regarding a translation to English, unless you wrote it in Latin or Japanese I'm not much help, but I can certainly provide assistance with proofreading and editing once it's mostly translated. Have some professional experience with that.

I just bought a copy of Vampire: the Dark Ages off of amazon for around $10, simply out of nostalgia. The writing is really well done, but the system is....a little dated to say the least. I put a post in the local game shop about starting up a group and the responses were overwhelming. Looks like ill have to actually re read everything. I look forward to what you are able to do! This is really neat, thank you!
    FG License: I have a FG Full License
    Frequency: Flex sched, as long as I can still go to class EST.
    Term:Long Term.
    Voice: Discord, Teamspeak, Skype.
    Game Experience:5E
    FG Experience: Moderately experienced, learning.
    Character Type Preferred: I like every class, except ranger.
    About me: Age: 29. I want to try to think creatively instead of being a murder hobo. I want to be a fun player in a friendly group. I get along easily and don't believe in arguing with the DM.

Finally, Iīve been able to update the older new World of Darkness ruleset to a newer version compatible with Chronicles of Darkness. Sadly, itīs not based on coreRPG, Iīve learnt some xml and lua scripting just to do the changes here. Additionally, I did all this to use with my play group, so itīs in Spanish (hopefully someone may translate to English and/or any other language). I include a toolkit with guidelines to modify the graphics texts themselves, so it may make it easier. Here is a list of wīhat Iīve done so far, and the changes I made to the first ruleset:
    1. Text is bigger now: Iīve used bigger fonts to make it easier to read the story, library, notes, etc. Iīve also implemented a much bigger header text, with a diferent color for each gameline included to date.
    2. Dramatic graphic improvement to the entire ruleset, with lots of original graphics, and using official images to compose the backgrounds, created for an optimal resolution of 1080p. All text boxes are slightly transparent, so if you have a box covering another one, itīs easy to notice that, without making it hard to read the text in the top text box.
    3. Sidebar buttons and icons re-arranged, both for players and storytellers: Now storytellers have access to the "notes" section, the "characters" section is now a full featured icon both for players and storytellers, and the players now have access to unlocked equipment and images. The fading effect of the sidebar of the older ruleset is still there, just because itīs freaking awesome.
    4. The library box had been modified to donīt allow to loss the augmenting glass inside the list of topics.
    5. The chat window is now bigger, with aproximatelly the same size as other newer rulesets.
    6. All character sheets have now zones to add the newer rules of 2nd edition games, such as aspirations, conditions, beats/experiences, etc. Notice that the diferent game lines have diferent setups, but all of them include the needed stuff to play both editions of the game(s)
    7. The max image size had been incresed from 700x700 to 1600x1000. You can reduce the image sizes if you need to, but it works very well in a fullHD screen.

Known bug: For some reason Iīm not able to understand, the ruselet donīt want to export libraries. Iīve found a lame but effective solution: remove the ruleset I modified and put again the classic one, export, return to the new ruleset and load the library. Itīs working here, but I will find the issue eventually.

Things I want to implement:
    1. Convert the "effects" section into a place to register the conditions and tilts of CofD and the other games.
    2. Allow to drag and drop links to the character sheet (s). I mean, if you created a library with the Requiem clans, you could simply drag and drop your favourite clan from the library you created directly to the Clan text line in the character sheet. The same for merits, disciplines/arcanum/gifts/contracts, etc... Still no clue how to do so, but I will find it LOL

A final note: the ruleset is also called "World of Darkness", so it will be compatible with any content you previously created. I encourage you, anyways, to do backups of your campaigns developed with the older ruleset. We noticed that the names of the skills appeared duplicated, so itīs better to be sure you have a backup. Additionally, you can find a folder called "TOOLKIT" inside the main ruleset. Inside that folder you will find 2 photoshop files: one ready to create the sidebar icons in your own language, and another with the side tittles of the windows, all of them with the same formats I used. Thereīre hidden layers and effects to do the pushed versions of the icons, and the material includes support for Chronicles of Darkness, Vampire the Requiem, Mage the Awakening and Changeling the Lost (more will come in the future). Also you will find the 4 fonts you need to make it all look like in the books (my version of Mage use a diferent font, but itīs impossible to chare it, because its embbeded in adobe suite)
    Also, be sure to place the older World of Darkness ruleset and the Vampire, Mage and Changeling extensions outside the Fantasy Grounds folder to donīt get any kind of conflict (but donīt delete them, just in case).
    If you do translations to other languages, please, share, I know a lot of people around the world is waiting for this.
    And PLEASE read all the boring stuff Iīve write before start, just to donīt get bad experiences. And now, here we go!:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yeh9to0rd...PljSPgVia?dl=0

Chronicles of Darkness are here!

Ruinous:
    Sadly, this ruleset is not compatible with Vampire the Dark Ages. At least not "out of the box". Thereīs a conversion guide between Requiem and Masquerade (Dark Ages included) that allows you to implement the classic World of Darkness inside the new one (now called Chronicles of Darkness for less confussion), and you can find a ruleset for Vampire the Requiem in the Wiki section of the Fantasy Grounds website too.
    Last edited by Luthbel; March 4th, 2017 at 19:15.

can anyone perhaps help me understand what the extensions that are on the fantasy grounds wiki for chronicles of darkness (world of darkness on wiki) do exactly I load the ruleset without the extensions and then with them and I see no difference can someone explain it to me? ps. I am using the old ruleset as I can't figure out how to change language and size for the updated ruleset
    Last edited by thanatos0; March 18th, 2017 at 04:42.

Sure.
    The extensions allow you to convert the mortal character template into almost any of the creatures of the Chronicles of Darkness universe. If you load the extensions, you can change a player character into that creature by right clicking on the skull button of the character sheet. You will see all the creatures icons, select one and the character sheet will change acordingly.
    You must have in mind that if youīre using my new extensions, you shouldnīt use the older ones for the same creature or it will cause problems. In the other hand, you can load my vampire extension and the hunter or geist extension from the wiki, and it will work fine. You will have some stuff in English and some stuff in Spanish in the character sheet, but the character sheet will not cause problems (at least, it shouldnīt, I havenīt tested it). If you need to translate the 2nd version of the ruleset, or any of the theme extensions I did, I added a folder called "TOOLKIT" with all the icons ready to translate, and the fonts I used (usually, similar to the ones Onyx Path and White Wolf use for the original games)
    I can understand you, I also needed some time to understand the mechanics of template changing, but the truth is that itīs just briliant.

Iīve been a bit busy recently, but I plan to convert the werewolf theme and character sheet, and i will do the changes for all the game lines in a regular basis. The only one I fear is Demon: the Descent, because it have a quite weird character sheet distribution, but I will try anyways.
    I also invite people to translate the ruleset and extensions to their own langages. If you guys have any problem, feel free to PM me, or place a post in this thread.
    In the other hand, Drahkar is working on a real 2nd ruleset, based on coreRPG. The latest news I had is that heīs having problem with the template-changing feature. As soon as he have the new ruleset done, I will fit these graphic themes to the coreRPG-based ruleset as well.

ok sounds good thank you for responding

Stupid question time.

If I want to make all the buttons in English, without changing their functionality, all I need to do is:

1) Unpack the .pak file (I have the FG PEM utility for that)
    2) Find the relevant XML files that display text (charsheet_main.xml for instance)
    3) Comb through the files and manually change every Spanish term (Aspiraciones) to the English one (Aspirations)
    4) Stick my translated files in a folder
    5) Repack them in a new .PAK

Sound more or less correct? I figure I'll start there and then start worrying what game-specific functionality I'd want to add. Plan on using it for Hunter the Vigil.

Blog Entries
    Hi Black Hammer you would be best though doing this in an extension so that you dont have to redo all your work if this version is updated in the future.
    The Extension works very similarly to the process you have described.

Thread Information