DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

When i set ADVSAV:poison it makes all saves have advantage

Hello there, new to using the program but when i try to set up ADVSAV and then any damage type it instead gives advantage on every save. I even copy pasted the text from https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post232808 and it still does the same thing. I have even tried cold as well and the same thing happens. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hello and welcome GarethMagis - have you tried with the space? ADVSAV: poison? Where and how are you applying this effect?
    That post has been incorporated into the wiki and you'll find much more information here about creating this kind of effect (and it even has pictures)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

While the information from the guys is helpful above, there is not any support currently for saving throws versus specific categories (such as poison, magic, charmed, etc.).

This is brought about by the fact that this information is not immediately available in the saving throw text in each power (i.e. make a Dexterity DC 13 save (poison)), but must be inferred from other information in the power description. I haven't done a comprehensive review of every PC ability/spell and NPC ability; but this seems to be something that is not always straightforward to do and would need to be handled on a case by case basis. It's on my list to review all ability/spells to see how much work it would be, but it hasn't bubbled to the top of the list yet.

Currently, this is handled by the players and GM by simply toggling the ADV button when making the appropriate saves.

Regards,
    JPG

Ah, good grief. Sorry GarethMagis I misread your post but what has come out of this is that the Wiki is wrong and I'll need to amend it to remove that offending information. I'm not entirely sure why I thought you could automate a saving throw advantage against poison but there it is.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    While the information from the guys is helpful above, there is not any support currently for saving throws versus specific categories (such as poison, magic, charmed, etc.).
    Oh - facepalm!

Do you want to grant DISadvantage ?

Quote Originally Posted by GarethMagis View Post
    Hello there, new to using the program but when i try to set up ADVSAV and then any damage type it instead gives advantage on every save. I even copy pasted the text from https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post232808 and it still does the same thing. I have even tried cold as well and the same thing happens. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hello and welcome GarethMagis - have you tried with the space? ADVSAV: poison? Where and how are you applying this effect?
    Just found this thread and realised what the problem was with my Halfling Stout effect. Any timeline on when ADVSAV will be conditioned for type?

I'd suggest that it still hasn't bubbled to the top of Moon Wizard's list yet

As he says it might not be the easiest thing to achieve.

I bumped into this problem running through LMoP - I thought I'd be "smart" and made Racial ability powers for Elf and Halflings that granted advantage on certain saving throws. They bumped into the young green dragon who used its breath weapon on them, and those characters were rolling advantage on poison. Whoops! It wouldn't make it too much of a big deal, except saving throw rolls are done automatically. So, now as a workaround, we have to play with those racial advantages off and try and remember when they come into play.
    US East Coast-Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder

Thread Information