DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Battletech Ruleset

Looking into building up a ruleset for Battletech, but I'm unsure if I can setup the map system with hex grids. Anyone know if it's possible, and where I might look into the existing rulesets to learn how to manipulate the maps? I figure it's a good place to start building. Thanks!

I have tried the grid Hex... the lines of grid is very very bad pixelised...and after a goto grid square.

Grimm,

You can go into any rule set you want as a GM and open a map.

Then right click on the map, go to LAYERS and GRID. You can then set a hex grid on the map to see how it looks.

One of my DMs uses hexes for all maps and it has never really been a problem unless the background color of the map to closely matches the line color of the hex overlay.

Good luck with the BattleTech rules. I will be interested to see what you come up with.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Cool, thanks jshauber, if I manage to make one, I'll have to see if I can post it here or not. Licensing and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmSpector View Post
    Cool, thanks jshauber, if I manage to make one, I'll have to see if I can post it here or not. Licensing and all that.
    You might not be able to share it publicly, but if you do need some help play testing as you put it together I would be happy to connect and put it through it's paces.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Sounds good, hoping I can find a way to to maps at different scales for character and mech combat...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimmSpector View Post
    Sounds good, hoping I can find a way to to maps at different scales for character and mech combat...
    No other ruleset does this. If you do this it will be all new code.

If it's possible within the code, and I can find the right methods and values to manipulate with my code, I'm up to the challenge. Been programming in many languages for most of my life. But if you're implying it's possible, then I'm excited.

Has there been any traction to this effort? I'm a long time Battletech fan and I love the FG table. So I am pretty interested in this.
    No doubt you have solved this issue already. I'm not sure why you need to resize the maps unless you intend for people to get out of their mechs and run around. The grid can be set or reset to any size on a map. I suspect that you would have maps for mechs and maps for people. But even if you drop people into a mech map you can resize their token to be tiny or do the opposite.

Magnatude is a fellow that did a custom reference manual. He might have some helpful info or you for him.

Thread Information