STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Managing campaigns in "Manage Characters"

I've been playing AL Online for about half a year -- I have about two dozen "campaigns" in my Manage Characters menu. I wonder if (and how) I can delete those campaigns so that when I need to work on the character that I just finished with I can find it easily. In addition, it would help if when I joined a game it would tell me the name of the campaign, so that I have a clue as to where to go to get my character (with new goodies, xp, and gold).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    I've been playing AL Online for about half a year -- I have about two dozen "campaigns" in my Manage Characters menu. I wonder if (and how) I can delete those campaigns so that when I need to work on the character that I just finished with I can find it easily.
    On the main FG launch page press the folder button in the top right hand corner to take you to the FG App Data directory. Go into the "cache" directory and you will see a list of directories with the name of the campaigns you joined as a player. Delete the directories you no longer want to see in Manage Characters.

The date of the directory will give you an idea of when you last connected to that campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    On the main FG launch page press the folder button in the top right hand corner to take you to the FG App Data directory. Go into the "cache" directory and you will see a list of directories with the name of the campaigns you joined as a player. Delete the directories you no longer want to see in Manage Characters.

The date of the directory will give you an idea of when you last connected to that campaign.
    Hummm, I've now deleted many of the directories, but the campaigns still show in the Manage Characters screen. Help?

Blog Entries
    They *should* clear up....

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    They *should* clear up....
    Attachment 13685

Note the scroll symbol indicating that I have over twice as many campaigns as I can see in the screenshot vs. my campaign directory.

Delete from the "cache" directory, not from "campaigns" which is for the campaigns you GM. "cache" is for campaigns you've played as a player and is what appears in manage characters.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the help with that (I cleared out the extra campaigns) -- but then, why did all those campaigns that I didn't GM show up in my campaign directory?

Blog Entries
    Did you create test campaigns (I have many dozens in my campaign folder)?

Well, I did -- if you look at the screenshot, Fujita Playground and Frank's Characters, Solo, Par5e First, and ALO CON are my campaigns (I created them) ... all the rest are campaigns that I played in, but was not the GM -- the most obvious one there is Watkin DDEX02-04 (cause I'm not Watkin, I'd never name my campaign that).

Thread Information