5E Character Create Playlist

License question

My friend wants to buy a license and upgrade to ultimate later. How many unlicensed clients can he host? I've had the ultimate license from the beginning and I don't see anywhere on the site where it clarifies that information.

An Unlimited license can host any number of players at a time. The main limitation will be the GMs upload bandwidth - especially if they are sharing large files. GMs have ran games OK with 12+ players.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So the $39 license will allow him to host as many unlicensed players as his computer/bandwidth can handle?
    Last edited by Stryfe484; February 12th, 2016 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe484 View Post
    So the $39 license will allow him to host as many unlicensed players as his computer/bandwidth can handle?
    No, that's the "full" license. Unlimited is like $160.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    An Unlimited license can host any number of players at a time. The main limitation will be the GMs upload bandwidth - especially if they are sharing large files. GMs have ran games OK with 12+ players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    No, that's the "full" license. Unlimited is like $160.
    Thank you, I am aware. That's why in my initial question, I asked with a license how many unlicensed people you could host. I have the ultimate and could not answer the question. Nor could I find the answer on the website. So the question, again, is how many unlicensed people can a licensed, not ultimate license, user host a game for?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe484 View Post
    So the question, again, is how many unlicensed people can a licensed, not ultimate license, user host a game for?
    A full license cannot host any free licenses in a normal game.

For a demo, a full (GM) license can host a single free license only (one player only, no other normal licenses) - other free licenses will be blocked when trying to join a demo mode game. If a full/ultimate license connects the free license will be kicked off as the system will switch out of demo mode.

See the Fantasy Grounds License Comparison at the bottom of the "Take a Tour" page here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/buyFG/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for your quick replies. I looked on that page and it wasn't very clear, but I will let my buddy know! He's still willing to check out the program. I love it for online and tabletop campaign tracking. I'm glad he's jumping on the bandwagon!

Thread Information