Had a great session tonight, not a single bit of combat and a dead PC. Woo!

They were sneaking into a castle trying to pretend they belonged there. First four areas went like this:

PC: "We're totally supposed to be here.. honest!" (Rolls 8 for Deception)
NPC: (Rolls 1 contest roll) "Oh, yeah, I guess so!" No combat...

Next room the same and so on. "Oh this is the kitchen, we're here for dinner!" (Rolls 9 on Persuasion even though it's mid afternoon). Chef rolls a 2 for contest roll "Oh, well have a seat and I'll get you some soup!"

Now one character had said she wanted to change characters and needed a way out of the campaign, so.. DC10 Con Save to the rescue! She actually failed it, and I played it out. She started coughing, then choking. Eventually started coughing up blood. Still everyone's just kind of looking around wondering what to do. The character gets up and stumbles out of the room spewing blood and ripping at her chest. No one follows...

Finally the cleric is like "Oh, I can probably help her..." and walks out. Casts heals to no avail. The mage is like "I'll inspect her to see if I can tell what's wrong"... *rolls 2*. "As far as you can tell, she ded." Fighter tries a Medicine check.. rolls a 4. "Yup, she's dead..." Ranger is like "I want to try to tell what is causing this!" *rolls a 3* "In your expert opinion she's allergic to frogs" (They were surrounded by bollywogs.)

One final perception check from the party and the dead character gets a natural 20, everyone else in single digits. So she spots the shape changed replacement character that had been stalking the party the whole session, shares a moment and fades to black.