5E Character Create Playlist

some quesion for FG DD5E

1. can't DM use PC's actions?i'm a DM,i can't use PC's burning hands to attack mutil-targets

2. can PC shopping?need i drag item to PC,and i drag them money out?can automation like'LOOT'?

3. how can i create a 'story' with encounter?

4. after encouter's monster add to CT ,how can i drag them token to map?from CT one by one?why i watch youtube them can automation put token on map at sametime.

5. is just magic weapon and magic armor can automation effect character?like ring of protect,it can +1 AC and saves, i need plus 1 by myself everytime?AC i can use misc in combat calc,but saves can't

6. can i automation drink potion like use heals spell?i drag the number to my character is damage....

THX,MY english is sucks

BTW,when FG can use utf-8 code?i don't need the UI is chinese,but i can type chinese and create chinese mod is enough

Hi xinlli and welcome to FG and to the community

1) Yes, as DM you can open up any character sheet and use any player actions that a player could make. To use the PCs burning hands spell open up the PC's sheet find the Spell; make sure the PC is selected in the Combat Tracker and then hold down CTRL while clicking on the little icons at the right hand side of any NPC in the Combat Tracker just like normal. For more DM information on the Combat Tracker see here.

2) No, you can't automate shopping; but you may want to have a look at dulux oz's extensions here which I believe allows you do some shopping.

3) Not exactly sure what your question is here. You create stories by clicking on the big Story button down the right hand side. You can drag links to that story such as encounters, parcels, images etc. Is that what you mean? More information on the general interface here.

4) You should create an encounter with the NPC in it and you can set up the NPC on the map at that time. Then when you open the encounter later the NPC's are automatically added to the Combat Tracker and to the map. See here for information on how to create encounters.

5) Equipping a magic weapon will add attack and damage information but not necessarily all of its effects (and soon in the next version will also correctly add the magic tag to the damage) but no other magic items does this. So if the character equips magic armour for example then they will need to manually adjust their AC to include bonuses that armour might confer on them. For some magic items such as the ring of protection it is desirable to create an effect. For a ring of protection create an effect SAVE: 1; AC: 1 and place that permanently on the PC. For (a lot) more information on effects see here; and also here for some more examples.

6) Yes you can set up an effect which will automate the effects of a healing potion - see the effects section that I linked above.

For language stuff, I can't remember which code FG uses but there are some limitations. You might have some luck posting your enquiry about a chinese version in this thread.

Finally you'll find a lot of helpful guidance in this thread here.

Oh, and your English is pretty damned good
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; February 12th, 2016 at 13:02.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information