5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Blog Entries

Help with an effect?

Trying to see if there's a way to apply an effect to a PC so the next time they cast a spell their target has (DIS)ADVANTAGE on the DC spell save.

ThanX!
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

I don't remember an effect like that being built yet. You can add DISSAV effect to targets first.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Ok. I was hoping there'd be a way to put it on a mob/PC in the CT so I could forget it. LAZY!
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

You would need effect targeting to achieve this and DISSAV isn't one of those which you can use in that way. As Moon Wizard says DISSAV will give the NPC disadvantage on saving throws (or a specific one if specified); but it would do so for any save not just one from that particular PC. This is one of these cases where perhaps a dummy effect could be placed as a reminder and then just press the DIS button when the NPC rolls the save. (You could also slap on a DISSAV, just before the roll is made, with an expiry of on next roll which will also work).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Here's an unrelated request for help with an effect. I'm trying to cast the Giant Spider Poison effect (after a successful hit on the target with a bite that I've set up as a Weapon) on a PC character sheet. I've created the "cast" action, set the Saving Throw with "Half damage on Save" and a damage action with 2d8, Poison. If the target fails the saving throw, everything works well. But if the target succeeds on the saving throw, then it isn't flagging the target to get half of the incoming damage, instead it untargets the target -- and so zero damage gets applied. Is there a way to fix this? I'm hoping that I've just forgotten a simple toggle.Attachment 13024

Go into options and find the Target: remove on miss option and make sure it's set to Off (or maybe also multi). Anyway if it's on then what you describe will happen.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you very much for your quick and accurate assistance!

Thread Information