5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Quick Question about the Ultimate Edition

I'm looking at getting the Ultimate Edition but I'd like to know what's included in it. Specifically if I were to purchase it out right, do I also get the handbooks as well, or are they a separate purchase on top of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Broba Fett View Post
    I'm looking at getting the Ultimate Edition but I'd like to know what's included in it. Specifically if I were to purchase it out right, do I also get the handbooks as well, or are they a separate purchase on top of it?
    Assuming you mean 5e you don't get any of the manuals with any edition of FG. The only difference between the ultimate license and a full license is that the former allows players to join and play in your games with only the demo license of the software. All 5th edition books and adventure modules need to be purchased separately.

Having said that you do get the free DD Player's Guide and the DD GM guide as well as the SRD with either a full or ultimate license. All of that will allow you to play 5e (albeit in a rather limited form) without further costs.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Assuming you mean 5e you don't get any of the manuals with any edition of FG. The only difference between the ultimate license and a full license is that the former allows players to join and play in your games with only the demo license of the software. All 5th edition books and adventure modules need to be purchased separately.

Having said that you do get the free DD Player's Guide and the DD GM guide as well as the SRD with either a full or ultimate license. All of that will allow you to play 5e (albeit in a rather limited form) without further costs.
    I already have the Player's Handbook so that means I'd have to buy the DM guide and the Monster Manual, right?

If you want the content from those modules to be readily available and you didn't want to parse or input your own content, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Broba Fett View Post
    I already have the Player's Handbook so that means I'd have to buy the DM guide and the Monster Manual, right?
    You don't have to buy them but they are certainly invaluable resources. To some extent it may depend on whether you intend to run purchased modules or if you are going to design and run your own homebrew campaign. If it's the latter then, yes, you can't really do without the DMG and MM (in my opinion).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Hey Broba Fett will you be a GM or a player. As a player the Ultimate is unnecessary. As a GM it is handy if you run one shots, introduce new players, have a group that wont spend a dime...
    As the guys above say - it includes exactly the same DLC as the full license which is to say it includes SRD material for 5e, 3.5e and Pathfinder plus the bonus 5e Basic Rules. All other DLC is an add-on with either license.

Thread Information